PayPal Payout Fees?

Answered!
Jay18
Level 5
Borgarnes, Iceland

PayPal Payout Fees?

Greetings all,

I am a new host and trying to determine my payput method. PayPal is convenient for me, but wondered if any fees are subtracted from the final payout amount.

As an example, say I have a $100 balance due me from airbnb.com after their fee, host fee, etc.

Should I expect the net $100 to be deposited to my PayPal account, or would there be some deduction(s) and I would receive something less than $100?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

1 Best Answer
Yvonne319
Level 3
Miami, FL

Paypal will NOT deduct fees for payouts from Airbnb to your PERSONAL Paypal account. Your business Paypal account will incur a fee, however. Additionally, fees are applied to any paypal accounts which require a currency conversion. 

Not business, no currency conversion = NO FEE!

Businnes account with Paypal= fee,

Currency conversion with Paypal = fee

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48
Regina38
Level 10
Wilmington, DE

I have this same question. help

Paypal will NOT deduct fees for payouts from Airbnb to your PERSONAL Paypal account. Your business Paypal account will incur a fee, however. Additionally, fees are applied to any paypal accounts which require a currency conversion, even personal accounts. 

Julie289
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi everyone
Transfer your money from PayPal to your bank account is free.
If you new on PayPal you will have to unlock the transfer limit over $700.
Hope I helped;-)

That wasn't the question, nothing to do with transfering your own money to your own bank acct. The question was will Airbnb pay the paypal fees for your payout or will you have to.I want to know too.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

In addition to being free (at least in UK) PayPal is instant. You get the email saying payment processed and by the time u check your PayPal account seconds later it's already there. Highly recommend the Paypal app as you can then instantly (if in the SEPA payments area for Europe) instantly transfer your money to your bank account - again - arriving in seconds. Banks can't match that service at the moment.
Edward44
Level 1
San Jose, CA

This is my first time using Paypal as payout in the US..can anyone answer if paypal will take a cut out of the amount transfered from Airbnb?

Please reply if anyone has done this and not received a paypal transaction fee

or else I'll just use ACH..

thank you

Read the answers already provided - they are very clear on Paypal.

No they aren't clear.  The question is does Airbnb or Paypal charge a fee for payouts.  It says fees may apply on Airbnb.  Paypal in general would be free, but does it change with Airbnb bookings?  Yes or no and if yes what are the fees?  Thank you

Did you manage to find out the answer to this? 

Paypal will NOT deduct fees for payouts from Airbnb to your PERSONAL Paypal account. Your business Paypal account will incur a fee, however. Additionally, fees are applied to any paypal accounts which require a currency conversion. 

Currency conversion is not required in UK or US. I can't be sure about Australia. 

Yes PayPal will charge you 2.9 % plus .3 more cents for every transaction.

I recommend just using your bank account for your Airbnb payout which is FREE and you receive your money within 3 -5 business days.

@Sam311

That is for purchases: it is very clear on the Paypal site - there is no charge from Paypal to receive money nor to transfer it out to a bank account. Paypal makes money by charging  you when you buy something using their service. We receive exactly what payout AirBnB says we will receive (and that does not include any bank fees or Paypal fees) We then transfer the money to a bank accout - again no charge from Paypal

Can you provide a  screenshot showing where Paypal have charged you for receiving money?

Hi Gerry 

Yes i agree with you it's free fir purchases. But when you receive your Airbnb payout in your PayPal account, PayPal will charge you the 2.9% + .3 cents as their processing fee. I confirmed this by calling and asked them so I din't use it

PayPal does charge you. The policy is stated at https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-are-the-fees-for-paypal-accounts-faq690. It says: Goods and services – Purchase payments: There’s no fee to use PayPal to purchase goods or services. However, if you receive money for goods or services, the fee for each transaction is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive. I wish I had known this before I selected PayPal. I thought there would be something informing me of the specific fees before I clicked on the button to accept PayPal as the recipient. Then I could make an informed decision about whether to use PayPal. But there is no such disclosure during the sign up process. And there's no way to back out or even remove PayPal from my Airbnb account. 😛