Payment fees!

Gezim0
Level 1
Kosovo

Payment fees!

It is ridiculous how many charges were applied until the money reached my account, something about 25%. I'm starting to feel Airbnb is a scam, especially when there is no email I can complain and maybe receive an explanation. For sure I'm moving out of the platform after this!!! 

3 Replies 3
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Airbnb charges hosts 3% off of the booking income for the use of the site and their handling of payment etc.

More than fair. Any other (bank) fees pertaining to receiving the money have nothing at all to do with Airbnb.

See if you have the possibility to use Paypal in your country and then transfer the money from there to your bank. Probably cost you less or nothing. I don't pay a penny for receiving payment that way.

Iva11
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

I'm searching for any type of mine question, and this could be similar... 

so I have a question - I put the the price of 110 euros for my house and the guest is charged 113 euros (plus fee). 

We could not make offer on 110 euros, it was automatically changed to 113 euros for the guest. And for me, as host, it was 110 euros (minus fee). Does anyone know why is this happening? 

Betty-B--M-0
Level 10
Nairobi, Kenya

@Gezim0, it happened to me too. I had the money sent via wire and while my bank didn't charge a penny to receive, lo and behold, the sending bank charged what came to about half of the amount. Yep, 50%!!! Anyway, after I settled down and found out that BNB has no control over bank fees I just switched payment methods. Andrea is right in her suggestion. Don't give up; you learn as you go along and it'll get better in time. Soon, you'll be rolling in so much cash, you'll wonder how you lived before BNB....:)