Payout Not Received

Payout Not Received

Having a horrible experience so far.....

Created a listing, have been receiving lots of bookings. After the first booking was looking forward to receiving the first payout.... My payout history shows that funds were released 2nd June and should have been with me 9th June, but alas nothing has come through. I've been sent "evidence" of the payment from Citibank Worldlink but absolutely nothing has materialised in my account (all account details are correct)

Ive spent hours on the phone with customer services and have been promised a call back multiple times, nobody has called me back. They are now telling me they need to run a "trace" on the funds - which can take another 7 days.

In the meantime the bookings are coming through, but i am considering cancelling them until i have confidence that i will actually receive the money for previous bookings. The customer service never elevate it to someone who can actually give answers and every interaction is slow, unintuitive and doesn't actually resolve the issue. 

This whole thing has really tainted my Airbnb experience.

1 Reply 1
Dorothea5
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

You are lucky that AIrbnb is  even trying to trace money. We have been trying probably 7 times already to query a ZAR10K payout for which there is an official payout id that never reached our bank account. Every time the Airbnb agent just states they will pass the case on to another agent who can better assist with the case. It is really frustrating and we have bookings coming in on the portal .. but without getting paid and Airbnb not even trying to resolve payment matters, we will soon have to ask the guests to cancel and book through booking.com instead as they seems to be more honorable portal with great support.