Price filters

Laura5479
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Price filters

Hey there, 

I have been a host and guest on AirBnB since 2013.   Love the new categories that have been recently added, but a major filter that has been a miss for a long time is the total price.  I saw this topic was brought up in the forum in 2020. 

My husband and I are fully remote and have been traveling for the past 5 years.  With the rise in numbers of AirBnB's available, you can filter something by its nightly price and still be hit with an $80 cleaning fee plus the service charge and almost doubling your intended spending.  I have recently seen you are including the full price in parenthesis next to the nightly price, but it would save so much time if this was a filter option.  I often will spend a fair amount of time searching for our next home each week or two and then often opt to use alternative search engines just for ease of search.  

Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Laura5479 

This is a issue which is different on where you are or depending on the local Airbnb website you are using.

In Europe you always will see prices including all costs and charges, as it is an obligation (EU regulation) for Airbnb to do so.

Laura5479
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Yes, thank you, I live in the EU, but I from N. America, and have used AirBnB in Africa, and Asia, but still requires additional search.    A place that is 60 euros a night can also have an 80 euro cleaning fee and a 60 euro service fee.   Making your three night stay not 180 euro but 320 euro.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura5479I'm pleased to hear you like our new Categories. Just so you know, I have relayed all of your feedback here to the product team. Thank you for sharing your suggestions with us!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen