Re: My property is not shown in search results for available dates

Answered!
Patricia990
Level 3
Calp, Spain

Re: My property is not shown in search results for available dates

I believe I have a similar problem - but my holiday property is NOT shown AT ALL while another one more expensive in the very same building IS SHOWN.
I will try once more to get to some higher level - because i see that my comments and -yes- complaints here are not taken seriously or read at all.200205 Frank's 8.jpg

Another unacceptable issue - client looked for CALPE ONLY and got offers from 145 km away ??!

Such a well-known brand, and yet - their search algorithms so very faulty

PatriciART
1 Best Answer
Patricia990
Level 3
Calp, Spain

ADDENDUM

This clears it all - apparently and unknown by us nor adverted, AirBNB had deemed us to be a brand-new member . . .

...community support team. I apologize that you are having some problem regarding your listing.

We can confirm the reason that your listing is not published in Airbnb because you haven't verify your identity yet as a host.

We tried over and again to prove that the truth was: we are member since 2016.

PatriciART

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello Emiel,

Thanks for taking the time.

Your comment is as true as it could be slightly misleading:
If a client knows my ID number or so - that might work;  but with a dozen random searches in the past several months, from various countries - different parties were not shown my property- worse: I just did it on another browser - our apartment = no-show...

I just got another complaint from a (now) renter, who found only one (1) apartment in Calpe: same building, less space, less bedrooms, triple the price (!) - but not a hint of ours.

As of last night -after a serious call for higher-level attention- I got a message telling me that my property (14941162) had been taken out of AirBNB's roster ""because we had not complied with some ID issues"".

I was adamant about this:
- For years the platform had all my data, paid the moneys due into MY ACCOUNT and called MY MOBILE PHONE: it should suffice, shouldn't it?

- Just supposing ""I failed to submit due ID"", a simple note to my inbox and/or my registered, confirmed email would have sufficed.

There was no such.

However, even before I started to search for ""where my due ID"" was missing, I got an instant booking for next year; not being close-by, I assume that my property is back on.

Do I have to give more details? I don't think so.

Does this make me wondering about AirBNB's search algorithm? It does.

I trust that this was a one-time hiccup; it cost us our super-host status (!!), for no real reason. We had to fill reservations from other sources; sadly, not a single one from AirBNB for 2022.

AirBNB - please get your act together; we love you as long as you don't hate us.

Ecky ( husband & 'butler')211004 'Enisa', our pool, shows our balcony!!.jpg211004 AirBNB shows 'our' pool, not 2-J!!.jpg211004 'Enisa', our pool, shows our balcony!!.jpg

PatriciART
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Patricia990 

If the link i provided you in previous message shows a result, then the listing is definitily in the search system and can be found when searching.

There is a lot of competition in Calp and on intitial search without dates entered Airbnb shows only the first 300 listings for Calp which best fit the algorithm.

But if you zoom in on the map towards your area, your listing will show up. See screenshot:

Emiel1_0-1633458483248.png

So there is nothing wrong here, that's the way the search system works for everybody.

Hope this helps.

@Emiel1 Thanks for taking the time.

I agree but OBJECT:
What you show is the status as of a few days ago, right?

I have multiple screenshots throughout the year 2021 where 
(A) our property did not show AT ALL

(B) AirBNB formerly put us in an industrial-commercial area away from the beach, but:

(C) another property in the same building (less space, only 2 BRs, triple the price !!) did // does show its  location mark right next to the building.

(D) and last-least: maybe this was corrected now, too, while in the past our clients had complained that, while entering the search parameters (Calpe downtown, apartment only), AirBNB came back with properties as far away as 50++ kilometres.

I shall be very attentive to whether indeed and right now, as you stated "...there is nothing wrong here, that's the way the search system works for everybody". Maybe as of NOW it does for us, too.

I do appreciate your making an effort.

Kind regards - Patricia & Co 

PatriciART
Patricia990
Level 3
Calp, Spain

ADDENDUM

This clears it all - apparently and unknown by us nor adverted, AirBNB had deemed us to be a brand-new member . . .

...community support team. I apologize that you are having some problem regarding your listing.

We can confirm the reason that your listing is not published in Airbnb because you haven't verify your identity yet as a host.

We tried over and again to prove that the truth was: we are member since 2016.

PatriciART