Renewing my listing

Laura297
Level 1
Westmount, Canada

Renewing my listing

Hello! 

It seems that my listing has been dropped in the search engines on Air bnb because I have rejected a few reservation requests. I haven't gotten any views in a few days which is unusual. Do you guys suggest I re-do my listing (make a whole new listing that is fresh) or just be patient ? If I redid the listing then I would only lose one referral/comment.

Thanks

Laura (Montreal)

3 Replies 3
Harry22
Level 10
Athens, Greece

Hey Laura,
I have the impression that airbnb uses a per-host rating system. Meaning that besides individual review score for each house, every listing is affected by the host's score.
By declining reservations you hurt your "score" as a host, not the listing's score. So in order to undo the harm, I would say you will need to delete your airbnb account and make a new one.
This is my understanding regarding the airbnb rating system.
On the other hand, I would recommend just sticking to your current situation and trying to undo the bad impression of the cancelations by being an exceptional host. If you are willing to sacrifice the time to redo your account and your listings it will probably be easier and more "fair-play" to do the extra effort and improve your overall score.

Just my 2¢

Harry
Baby-superhost of Greece

Thanks, Harry! I think re-doing a listing/my account is better since I am just renting it out for the last weekend of July and time is ticking!

I can only be an exceptional host if I get requests/views of my listings, which I have none of...

Fair enough,

Good luck then 🙂