Reservations

Reservations

I am trying to book/reserve on a cabin for new year and the website is coming up with restrictions

ive contacted the host and the dates are available but the site won’t let me book

how can I get round this

4 Replies 4

@Odette67   Airbnb automatically blocks bookings that fit certain criteria that are deemed to be a high risk for parties. The host can't disable that block. You can try having someone else in your group do the booking, especially if you happen to be under 25.

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

Maybe the host only wants guests with reviews. You have none

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Odette67 

@Bob297is probably correct. You have no reviews. A New Guest trying to book for New Year is a red flag an a possible recipe for disaster/party/trashing.

Not that I am suggesting that this is your intention, but to be honest, Hosts put up their private homes and take risks when hosting and need  to  protect their investment.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Odette67  If I were you, as a new user with no reviews, I  would fill out the profile write-up section. Say a bit about yourself, your work, your interests, so hosts get some idea who they are deling with. Asking to stay in someone's private home isn't like an anonymous hotel booking.