Reviews from other countries

Shirley43
Level 2
Fittleworth, United Kingdom

Reviews from other countries

I don't understand why reviews from guests from outside ones own country are placed on your listing at the end of all other reviews. Surely the most important thing is that reviews are up to date and relevant. If someone is thinking of staying, they'd surely be interested in the most relevant recent reviews? They'd not think of scrolling down to the bottom. Also from a host's point of view you want it to look like you have bookings in the present (for us it's important that guests know It's fine to stay in our hut in winter!) Just don't get the logic!

4 Replies 4
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Shirley43 you are right!

When guests are looking at a listing the reviews will show up in a different order depending where they are based/searching from- so if a guest is searching in France, your reviews from French guests will show at the top of your review pile...regardless of when those stays took place.

I think the "logic" here is that Airbnb feel that if guests see reviews where other people from the same country have stayed this might make potential guests feel that they would have a similar experience.

There used to be the function to filter reviews with "recent" and "most relevant" but I don't see that anymore.

Tip: take screenshots of some of your best and recent reviews, and add them to your photo stack- guests will see them when they click through your photos without having to scroll down to the main reviews- I have 3/4 at the end of my photo stack and I feel this works well!

Would be great if reviews were just in date order, and maybe one day they will be 🙂

Paul.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Shirley43

before, reviews were chronological then they changed it.... of course, it is not logic but Airbnb calls it "improvement" 🙂

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Shirley43

Don't get upset by it, it will be sorted differently next week as they let a new bunch of wizz kids at the algorithm. Yawn

Md-Mizanur0
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Dear Host & Guest

Both of you need to be open minded and accept the reality. We want to be happy and wealthy. We should respect each other, don't simply post anything which can be destroy the reputation of other party.

Hope we think first before doing anything.

Thank you.

Regards

Mizanur