Shocked....

Shocked....

While I slept she rearranged my kitchen! She walks into my bedroom. Sits in my recliner. Unloads her psychological problems on me. And wants a discount...

7 Replies 7
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

You need to set boudaries fast!

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Anonymous,

If you are sharing your space with guests, I highly recommend that you have a lock on your bedroom door, and any other room that you don't want guests to access.

@Debra300  I've been home-sharing for over 3 years and I don't have a lock on my bedroom door or anywhere else (except of course the main door to the house). All of my guests have been totally respectful and if I felt I had to lock myself in my room or lock up other areas, I would never home-share.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sarah977, thanks for sharing, and I hope your guests continue to behave properly.  However, my recommendation was to a person who had an experience with a guest who clearly crossed a boundary.

@Debra300  A home-share host , any home-share host, is going to have problems if they don't know how to establish boundaries, and make sure the guest doesn't get the idea that it's their home, to do as they like. Door locks aren't going to solve that.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Who is 'she' @Anonymous . You are the host it is up to you to set and reinforce your boundaries.

If she is breaking your house rules, confirm to her that she is probably going to be more comfortable elsewhere and that is the continues to break your house rules, you will need to ask Airbnb to cancel the booking.