Should I be worried? Cancellations reviews on host profile.

Magdalena80
Level 1
Northampton, United Kingdom

Should I be worried? Cancellations reviews on host profile.

I have booked accommodation for one night in April with a host from Iceland. communication was ok, he has replied to my welcome message. Today I have checked the reservation to print it off and noticed that host removed his profile picture and all 8 reviews (they were not there when I booked the accommodation) shows: "The host canceled this reservation xx days before arrival. This is an automated posting." All are from April 2018.

This is my first booking on Airbnb, should I be worried that he might cancel my booking too? I have contacted the host to clarify this situation. 

Is there any way to contact Airbnb in order to get some help in this matter? I don't want to end like other 8 people left without the place they booked.

Please advise.

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Magdalena80,

I would be concerned. Those reviews are placed automatically by Airbnb when a host cancels unilaterally.

If a host has a genuine reason for cancelling, one  that's covered by Airbnb's extenuating circumstances policy, they should've contacted Airbnb support to help with relocating guests and those reviews would not be there. This, together with removal of the profile photo, is not a good sign.

You should contact Airbnb to discuss your concerns.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Magdalena80 ,

If the host (or Airbnb) has cancelled your reservation, you would be notified of that.

But if the host does not respond, call Airbnb for peace of mind.

The airbnb UK phone number is listed here:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]