Someone changed my prices on my listing and no one at airbnb will help

Christopher995
Level 6
La Altagracia Province, Dominican Republic

Someone changed my prices on my listing and no one at airbnb will help

Over 5 days ago I received an inquiry about a listing.  The amount looked low so I went to the calendar.  I was amazed to see that my prices had been changed from $74 a nigh to $10 a night, every Friday and Saturday night.  I immediately called airbnb and asked for a supervisor.  No return call.  I started a support chat.  That was 5 days ago.  They keep writing at 4 am and 10 pm to tell me how busy they are and cant help me.  I called again the next day, again asking for a supervisor, explaining this was a security issue.  Again no callback.

Then the guest booked with a different host, losing me a $750 reservation.

Really unbelievable this lack of customer service, especially when a security issue is involved.  😠

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Were you able to change the price on your calendar to the correct rate?  There are so many postings about how poor customer service is especially now.  

Christopher995
Level 6

Still no call or help from Airbnb after a month.  Really sad you cant get help for a security issue that caused me to lose a $700 booking.

Christopher995
Level 6

Yes.  I was able to change the prices back.  But I lost a booking and there is no explanation from airbnb why they changed in the 1st place.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Christopher995  Is it possible you had 'smart pricing' turned on w/no minimum?

Mary1685
Level 3
Grand Island, NY

This is happening to me as well, the listing has the right amount, but the calendar has all different amounts, none of which I changed. I am furious with AirBnB, no support whatsoever, they are down the toilet. You can't get to them by phone, and the chat people don't know anything at all and say they'll have someone get back to you, which never happens. I do not have smart pricing on, there is a problem with the pricing coding. Also, the Guidebook is only showing about half of everything I have in it, it cuts it off after the first few categories, so it leaves out the restaurants, healthcare, stores, etc. I've been after them for months to fix this, nobody knows what they're doing here anymore. Zero customer service.