Strange price increase

Strange price increase

I'm new to Air BnB and have a pricing question.  I have smart pricing off, with $500/night base price and $600/night on weekends while I'm getting my feet on the ground.  I looked several months ahead in the calendar, and I noticed that starting on Mar 1 2022 going forward, the weekday price changes to $625/night (while weekends are still are $600).  I have no rules set, and I can't figure out why the pricing is changed on Mar 1 and forever after.  Anyone have a clue to help me figure this out?  Thanks!

Scott

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Scott1489 if you go into the pricing section the nightly rate that is the minimum for smart pricing is the rate used to populate your calendar as dates open up. Is this set at 625 by any chance?

No.  I have smart pricing turned off, but I turned it on to check what the minimum price was and it was set to the same $500.  I turned it back off.

One additional piece of information, I have only booked 3 reservations so far, so I believe smart pricing is willing to price under the minimum to help get me some bookings and reviews.  I don't know if that makes a difference (I don't see why it would, or why March would change anything, especially since I have smart pricing turned off and the price change in March is an increase), but I mention it to help with this conundrum.  

Scott

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Scott1489 even with smart pricing turned off the system uses the min price in it. Or at least that is what it does with our listings. You shouldn't need to switch on smart pricing to see the min price value you have set - it just sits there. 

Ah well lest see if someone else can figure it out. By the way smart pricing isn't very smart - if you do use it you will lose out at certain times of year. We use it but set the minimum at our required price and any upside is just a benefit.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Scott1489 

I looked at your listing and it shows different prices. Even in april it shows almost $800,- a  night !

It must be Smart Pricing. If not:

Maybe you have set fixed prices for specific weeks or months ?

Please check this in your discount settings (custom prices)

It says smart pricing is off.  Under discount settings, there are categories for weekly discounts (not set), monthly discounts (20%), "add discount for other stays" (not set), early bird discount (not set), and last-minute discount (not set).  There is no place I see to set custom prices in the discount page except under weekly discounts, where none are chosen.