Superhost Status

Fiona225
Level 1
Cadgwith, United Kingdom

Superhost Status

I'm finding it incredibly frustrating that although I've exceeded stats in all areas except one, because my rating is 4.7 (target 4.8) I've still not achieved Superhost status. Does it have to be calculated across all properties as just one poor review brings the score down across all properties. Surely the fact that the other stats are much higher than target and the review score is 0.1 below means there should be some flexibility? Grateful for your thoughts please.

4.7 Overall rating Criteria: 4.8

Didn't meet 

98% Response rate Criteria: 90%

Achieved!

93 Stays and 621 nights
Criteria: 10 completed stays or 100 nights over 3+ stays

Achieved!

0.0% Cancellation rate Criteria: Less than 1.0%

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Fiona225 whilst it is true to say that the poor rating given to one property brings down the ratings of all properties it is also true that good scores from one property improve the rating for all properties so it all evens out in the end.

The rating is against the host not the properties (although there are obvious linkages) so the only way to calculate it is across all properties.

Thank you, that is a fair point. I'm just frustrated really that we've missed it by being 0.1 lower in one category but are exceeding in others - it seems very harsh.

@Fiona225 Well I guess there has to be a standard or the whole concept becomes pointless. I was amazed that we achieved Superhost status 3 months or so after starting with Airbnb. I wonder if this suggests the criteria are almost too soft?