Superhost status

Lily6
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Superhost status

Why is it so difficult for Airbnb to advocate for a superhost that's been doing business with them for last 6 years and has brought more than $350,000 in rental income with one property?

We were recently downgraded after years as a superhost because of a -.1 rating (from 4.8 to a 4.7) with the guest rating criteria.    We are renting via Airbnb approximately 30 guests per year and 120 days per year.

The reason for the .1 rating result came down to a one 3-star review (first one after 6 years) from a guest that broke our house rule by introducing a dog into the house for 3 days and make a huge mess.  We requested extra cleaning fee from the guest but retaliated with the low rating.  Nonetheless,  I had numberous calls to try to resolve this with the Airbnb ambassadors who would not remove this review and reestablish our superhost status.  Finally, after escalating to their 2nd level, they did remove the review and admitted guest rating was not consistent with the Airbnb policy.   However they did not reinstate our status which I feel is extremely unfair.

Anyone experience something similar?  I spend hours on the phone with them and it was like pulling teeth.  It seems Airbnb doesn't really value its hardworking and committed hosts.

- Lily and Michael

2 Replies 2
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Lily6 

Consider that Airbnb looks at the last 365 days.  Being open 120 days out of 365 puts seasonal hosts at a huge disadvantage especially with regards to ratings and SH status.

Ann-Marie60
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Having the same problem. So unfair