Switching booking from one host to another

Answered!

Switching booking from one host to another

Hello,  I am buying a condo that is currently enrolled in the Air BNB program.  The condo has present and future bookings to which I will be the host.  How do I get those bookings switched to me after I close and take possession of the condo?  

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Adrian2507  You can't. Listings and bookings are non-transferrable. You can't buy or sell  an Airbnb "business". The business belongs to the current host- all you are buying is a condo.

It is up to the current owner to immediately close their calendar to future bookings and contact booked guests to explain the situation, refund them in full, and direct them to your new listing to rebook, if they still want to stay.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Adrian2507  You can't. Listings and bookings are non-transferrable. You can't buy or sell  an Airbnb "business". The business belongs to the current host- all you are buying is a condo.

It is up to the current owner to immediately close their calendar to future bookings and contact booked guests to explain the situation, refund them in full, and direct them to your new listing to rebook, if they still want to stay.

So the current host would have to cancel the bookings and I would have to contact them and ask the customers to rebook? 

@Adrian2507  More or less. The seller can give the guests the link to your listing and they can contact you if they want to rebook.

What you need to realize is that guests book a place based on several factors. The property itself, the price, and the reviews and ratings. The reviews and ratings are attached to the host's profile forever, they aren't attached to the property itself. So some guests may be fine with rebooking with the new host, some may not want to take a chance on a new host with no reviews yet.

Great, advise! Thanks, Sarah!

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Sarah977, @Adrian2507 

Hey Sarah, that was my answer!  Just couldn't get your @ fast enough!