Switching from Host to Traveler

Leib0
Level 4
Kansas City, MO

Switching from Host to Traveler

I am a host and my Airbnb page is obviously set up as a host.  I want to try using it as a traveler/guest.  How do I switch???  And seriously, shouldn't that be the simplest frigging thing in the world, why the heck would the programmers fail to make this obvious??!?!?!  I don't get it.

78 Replies 78
Sam119
Level 1
Bondi Beach, Australia

Sorted... Just logged out and in again

Having the same problem all of the sudden... really frustrating 

Same problem here. Unbelievable.

Mark473
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

I agree it is NOT obvious - really blown away why noone could answer your question as iIhad the same exact fustration and increduilty   - go to PROFILE (at the bottom) and then switch to "traveler" 

Right, I was a "Host" who decided to travel and be a "Guest". Kept looking for a guest button.  But the button is "Trips". Not "Guest". 

Mark thanks , you is the best  ;D

Marni5
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I agree! It is really tricky even to find your messages for travelling. Getting the top menu where you can flick in your messages from hosting to traveller - which isn't obvious either, was really hard to find. Now I know it's not so bad but previously.... frustrating.  

The question is what platform or app are you using? I am trying to use their website on an iMAC, Firefox browser.

So far:

Trips tab: no option to switch to traveler.

Host tab: ditto

Profile picture: ditto. From here I tried to edit profile. No joy. Same with account settings.

Went to Inbox: it has a traveling and hosting section. Was able to get to past messages which is good. Still not sure how to get back to travel mode.

I think it is easier when using the app.

Charlie94
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Host --> Traveller

Select "Profile" (bottom right), then select "Switch to travelling"

Traveller --> Host

Select "Profile" (bottom right), then select "Switch to hosting"

this only works if you are in the app

Catherine36
Level 2
Reston, VA

I have done this before, but can never remember how, and am once again still digging, even after reading all of this.  There must be a benefit to airbnb to make this so hard for its users, or it would be clearer, transparent, and more obvious. 

Anne659
Level 1
Dumfries, United Kingdom

I totally agree, I am both also and find it SO FRUSTRATING tht this is not obvious and easily achieved!!!! 

Calum4
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

You have to tap the profile tab twice for it to switch to the menu which includes 'switch to host'. Agreed that this is the least intuitive thing ever and it's ridiculous that Air BnB didn't notice this themselves in app testing.

It's hidden in the profile icon. They hide everything 

Sandra317
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Nothing under 'trips', nor porfile on a mac. I mainly host and stuck in 'travelling'. Also no help on this topic in 'help' section!!!
The app is fine but I am trying to use the webpage from a Mac with no luck. I have done the switch from a pc before...but on Mac nothing seems to work.