Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Travel credit

Aaron18
Level 1
Netherlands

Travel credit

Dear Airbnb comunity,

I dont know if someone has experience this but I had 23 euros of travel credit and their not in my account any more!! Could someone help me.  Is not like the coupon where you have a code. This is in the account but mine is gone!!

9 Replies 9
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Aaron18 Has it expired?

@Clare0 I do not know if travel credit has an expiration date. I have not even had my Airbnb account for more than a year, so it should not expire, or am i wrong? How can I check this? I cant see the travel credit anywhere in my account.

Best,

Aaron

@Aaron18 There are 2 types of travel credit:  

1.) The credit you receive when you successfully refer a new user.  This credit is listed under your profile picture and will show any unexpired travel credits.  Here's how they work:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/84/how-do-referrals-and-travel-credits-work

2.) Any other travel credit, like $100 for being a Super Host for 12 months strait, will have a coupon code that you need to enter at the time of making a reservation request.  These coupons normally get to you by email from Airbnb. 

So go click on your profile picture and see what credits you have!

Verica0
Level 1
Strmec, Croatia

Hi, the same thing happened to me. Do this travel credit have expiry date? If so why doesn't Airbnb warn users about it? I feel quite disappointed for loosing earned credit.

Elaheh0
Level 2
Vigo, Spain

hiii. i invite my freind and they rent home or room and they checked out previous week but the travel credit in my account is 0. what should i do?

I have same question like you! but I received 1st time travel credit trough one of my friends but I know another friend has also

reserved via airbnb from  my invation but till now I didn't receive another one, whereas that in explanation of travel credit is, you may earn 5000$ travel credit per account!

I dont know if someone has experience this but I had 73 euros ( Since you invited Mirjana to Airbnb, we've added €73 credit to your account. Nice job! ). But,  these money not added to my account. Could someone help me? Please?

@Rosanda & Nikola Hi there!  Travel Credits are not added to your payout account, but rather are available for you to use when you book a reservation of $75 or more excluding guest fees, Airbnb fees and taxes, where applicable.  The Travel Credits are applied automatically on the check out page when your reservation meets these requirements.  Here's more info: 

www.airbnb.com/help/article/84/how-do-referrals-and-travel-credits-work

Hope this helps!  Clare