Unprofessional customer support

Unprofessional customer support

I had raised a claim against a guest and it's been a very long time since I have been following up with customer support team regarding my demage claim and I still haven't received any update. This is very unprofessional service @Airbnb @customer 

1 Reply 1
Adrienne59
Level 2
Chico, CA

My personal experience is that customer service has gone downhill.  A few are knowledgeable and helpful but they are far and few in between many who are untrained and have no idea how to help or answer your question.  At that point, it's all over because getting real help or even a response after that unlikely.  There are glitches in the system that I've notified them about over and over with no response.  A few days back I was unable to accept a booking request.  The system just wouldn't allow it.  Not on my computer or on my phone.  I called Airbnb and stayed on hold for 2 hours.  They never answered.  I understood that it was probably system wide and that they were flooded with calls and the issue was eventually fixed but they never addressed the issue and apologized to either guests or hosts with a followup email. Also, in 5 years I've put in one claim and they were every unhelpful.  I had some very scary people take over my Airbnb for a day and night and they caused a lot of damage, mostly time cleaning the huge mess they made including the animals they had brought inside.  I had over $500. in cleaning costs if I recall.  Airbnb insisted that I first request payment from these guests or they couldn't help me.  I explained that I rented to one woman who put on a good front but that the actual guests  were a group of very unsavory folks and that I was afraid of requesting more money from them.  They were local to my area and obviously knew where I lived and I didn't want them to retaliate against me.  Airbnb didn't care.  I sent them pictures and receipts but all to no avail.  That experience left a bad taste in my mouth.