Update your trip details to get accurate pricing and more

Noah130
Level 3
Scituate, MA

Update your trip details to get accurate pricing and more

I'm trying to book a reservation and every time I get to the summary screen, it says "Update your trip details to get accurate pricing and more." 

All of the details are there and it happens regardless of the house I pick.  Any ideas?

Thanks

80 Replies 80
Josh1249
Level 1
Knoxville, TN

Same issue - as a software dev I'm gobsmacked as to how this has been prevalent for so long.  Guess i'll move to another site.

What other alternative s? I dont understand this error i keep getting

Jill1001
Level 1
New York, NY

It indicates I have 3 messages, but when I click on messages I get an error saying "Sorry, an error has occurred. Try Again." I have tried everything… cleaning cache, switching browsers, using app on phone (with and without wi-fi) and nothing fixes it. Especially frustrating as I'm trying to book. I also am unable to reserve, despite saying I am approved, every time I click it says "Update your trip details to get accurate pricing and more." My account was hacked a few years back. I was told it was resolved, but I wonder if this is related. HELP.

Have you been able to resolve?

Marc8024
Level 2
Miami, FL

Airbnb really doesn’t care about it’s users anymore .. they went public and said screw us. 

$100b company. incredible

please fix this 

Do you get the same error?

Calvin114
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I am having this exact same problem.

Every time I pick the dates, then click reserve, it won't allow me to do anything else and just says:

" !!! Update your trip details to get accurate pricing and more."

I have a big trip I am trying to plan and this is KILLING ME especially because things are getting bought up//reserved so quickly. I read this thread and updated my ID process with taking a webcam photo, but now I'm scared this is going to take months and by then all the affordable spots will be taken and it will ruin my trip. THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!

Any updates on this? I'm with the same situation and they are not answering.

Hi my dear friend, oh my God, sometimes this situation takes so much time. It's even a shame that it gives out such a thing on the site. It seems to me that in this case, you should either call or send an email, or write to support about an existing problem.Perhaps there are any updates on the site, maybe you should try from another browser, refresh the page, re-do all the steps. I also encountered this, but after a while it worked out and I solved the problem.

https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/

How did you fix it?

Daniel8344
Level 2
Freedom, PA

Same thing here, booked a successful trip on Sunday, got another great review, then my account was locked. Talked to very nice reps but have been pushed the mysterious "special support team' who only communicates via email ( which i have yet to receive an email )

Missed out on 3 great rentals, and had to stay in crappy hotels.  Really bad experience after successfully using airbnb for 6 years. 

SAME. I'm furious. Hosting since 2015. Now I'm traveling. Got rid of my flat in SF for good. And thought I could rely on Airbnb. I have no idea what to do. Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 7.05.15 PM.png

Abra188
Level 2
New York, NY

I suffered with this problem for three days and many tears, so I feel I should chime in to help, since it's resolved for me: I had to log into a different Airbnb account that I have, in order to *sometimes* not receive that message, and be able to try putting my card thru. This was the only way I got thru.

Then I had to battle with this "3D Secure" error message. That's another story, but I did have to call my bank to clear up this extra layer of fraud prevention. 

Why any of this happened when I've been paying for years with these cards on Airbnb, I don't know. Also, why Airbnb could not help me after days of me begging them to help me not become homeless, by accepting any of my forms of perfectly legit payment, debit or credit.... and they could not help me at all? I don't know. I am very dissatisfied with the customer service I received. I'm lucky to not be kicked out onto the street right now, bc my payment was late bc of Airbnb only. And all because of them.... not any money or card issues on my part. And my computer knowledge is good, too. 

Terrible experience.

TL;DR. MY ADVICE: make a new account.

oh my God, I thought that only i have such problem. Sometimes this situation takes so much time. Due to the fact that the site was not working, I was late for an important meeting for me. Unfortunately, I didn't sign a contract because of this. Once I was in Germany, in Munich, and I had to meet with investors, I tracked the train schedule through this website https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/
and managed to meeting. I can notice that trains came on time as was written on website.