What if someone other than the guest shows up at my home?

Tammy91
Level 5
Missouri City, TX

What if someone other than the guest shows up at my home?

I enabled Instant Book along with government ID required for verification. I am new to this....just started 1st week of Feb.....but have plenty of bookings right now. There is one booking that concerns me at the moment.....just my gut instinct. Although one of my rules is no 3rd party bookings, what if someone other than the member shows up instead?

7 Replies 7

@Tammy91 if someone other than the booking guest shows up, you are free to refuse them entry.

After all, the person at the door has no arrangement with you.

At that point, you should probably contact AirBnB and let them know what is going on.

Tammy91
Level 5
Missouri City, TX

@Matthew285, thank you so much!!! I have another question now. Someone just IB and their story sounds fine to me. But.....there is no profile picture. I thought to get verified, a member needed to post a profile pic. How do I know who I'm dealing with? I asked her if she wouldn't mind posting a profile pic...hope that was appropriate. 

@Tammy91, AirBnB *claims* to require a profile pic to become a verified member.

The fact that I have received bookings from what appears to be a potted plant indicates otherwise.

You are free to ask the member to provide an actual photograph of themselves. If the person refuses, you can contact AirBnB support and tell them you are not comfortable with the IB if the guest refuses to provide the required photo. They may reach out to the guest and ask them to provide a picture (or not). But either way, AirBnB can cancel the booking for you without penalty if you tell them you don't want a photo-less guest.

Ya, thank you for that info. You are right. I think I can trust these two...they are from my home states, seniors fixing to graduate for elementary school teachers. However, they are posting a profile pic. They are staying 2 weeks so I really didn't want to boot the booking. I just started this 1st week of Feb and have been loving it so far...the earnings. Hopefully, I can keep booking what appears to be decent guests. I have a pool, so that attracts some eople, I guess. Anyway, thank you for helping me!!! Tammy

Belinda87
Level 2
La Mesa, CA

1. I’m new and had a request for a month from a member that just started the first week of January. He also wanted to book for a coworker but wouldn’t give his name. When I checked his profile, all he had was the first name and where he supposedly lived. There were not any recommendations, any other bookings, and I felt very uneasy. I called AirBnB and they also said it seemed a little shady. They said we should not book a third-party and the third-party must have a profile and their own account. AirBnB canceled the reservation for me

@Belinda87 I'm glad AirBnB gave you good support on this.

I mean seriously: what honest guest is going to avoid providing the information hosts need to know who wants to book with them?

@Belinda87, I politely asked the guest to post a profile picture. She said she would have the other guest post her pic but I will ask her to post her own pic. I usually don't ask full names of other guests nor do I require the other guest to be a member, as long as they are staying with a verified member. I hope I don't learn the hard way. What gets me tho is that Airbnb says this guest has 6 verifications. There is nothing except an Airbnb email and a phone number....and with IB, I require a photo of a government issued ID on every guest that books.