WiFi Monetization: making money while guest view advertisements

WiFi Monetization: making money while guest view advertisements

I am looking to make money through my WiFi : looking at selling my WiFi to advertisers for guests to view their ads before login to use free WiFi .

I haven’t come across any website that allows individuals to do this. Just come across companies that help you advertise on others WiFi which is the reverse of what I would like to do.

any ideas or suggestions? This could be another revenue to explore?

many thanks

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Elizabeth1173  I think most guests will find it irritating to go through advertisements before able to continue with what they plan to do on the Internet. On hotel(chains) it is sometimes a feature to bring some specials (dinner offer etc.) to the guests attention. It is also technically rather complex, also the statistics are needed to know the effect of the advertising.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Elizabeth1173 that sounds really inhospitable to me. As a guest, if I encountered that I would be super annoyed.

@Elizabeth1173  This might be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

"How can we make the guest experience feel more like being in an airport?"

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

If I were a guest and had to sit through a bunch of ads before I could use the Wifi that was supposedly included in the cost of my stay, so that the host could stick their hand farther into my pocket, you can be sure I'd be warning future guests about it in my review and giving a lower Overall rating. 

@Elizabeth1173

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Awful idea I am afraid. Advertisers are extremely unlikely to be interested in paying to advertise with a host because you don't have high enough footfall. And your guests will hate it.

Why would you want to risk upsetting guests to earn a few pounds @Elizabeth1173 ?

There are better ways to earn money for example offering breakfast at an extra cost or providing an 'experience'.