airbnb app error message

in
Marlo, Australia
Level 3

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with the airbnb app? I had it downloaded on my iphone 6 then one day it just decided to give me an error message and I can no longer log on. I have deleted and re downloaded app several times but it still gives me the same message saying something like can not find or connect to host server... This is strange given that all my other apps are working.

If anyone can help I'd appreicate it 🙂

Cheers, 

Tiwana 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: airbnb app error message

Level 4

I had the same issue. It only worked with wifi. Then I discovered it wasn't working with cellular data (3G/4G etc). Fixed it by going into settings/mobile data scroll down to find airbnb icon and use mobile data in the app (switch to green). Not sure why it was as switched off but it's working now so Easy fix!

View solution in original post

127 Replies

in
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level 1

Im having the same issue, the desktop site works fine but the ios app just gives the same error message over and over again when you attentp to login.

"could not connect to the sever"

Can anyone please advise? Ive also tried restarting, deleting, re-downloading

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 2
I've got it now, it happened very briefly about a month ago then sorted itself out but now, instead of the normal pink Airbnb colour the screen is light green and once I put in my password the sign in button just doesn't respond so I can't log in on the app. I've deleted and downloaded again and again. I don't know what to do. Anyone else experienced this? How did you solve it?
I have spoken to Airbnb yesterday but they didn't know what I was on about.

in
Aspraggeli, Greece
Level 2

I am having the same problem, on a computer I log in OK but on the smart phone when I enter the password I get this message over and over again "could not connect to server"

Since I am a lot on the road it would really be helpfull if this app works properly!!

Lucas Greece

Lucas

Level 2

"Something went wrong with your request" is the message I get repeatedly when I try to open my app.   Wasting hours looking for a way to solve the problem and coming up with zero. Going away for a month and would like to be able to deal with any requests etc on the move.  Any ideas gratefully received.

in
Laufen, Switzerland
Level 1
I have the same issue with the app! I don't know how I'll do when travelling... I did all what was described above - no success! let me know if you figure out how to solve it!

in
Laufen, Switzerland
Level 1
You won't believe it but it worked when I logged in with my google account instead... I had to agree my data (e.g. my contacts) would be collected 😁 I'm not particularly happy about it but I really need to be logged!

in
Huntington Beach, CA
Level 1

Using google gmail login....took 3 hours to login. Airbnb must NOT have enough servers to handle all their phone connections. May be using an old soviet satellite from the 60's.

in
Weston, MA
Level 1

I had the same issue when I used my mobile data (4G or LTE).

However, if I use wifi, it works.

This is not good since I will not have wifi when I am on the road.

I could not find Airbnb technical support contact info from airbnb website, please send this info to Airbnb technical support if someone know how to do it.

in
Burnaby, Canada
Level 1

Since "support" in general doesn't seem to be in the Airbnb corporate vocabulary, I doubt there's an accessible place to get technical support!  I'm still having this problem.

in
Kraków, Poland
Level 10

@Klf0

Your a bold girl, but I like your comment.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

in
Athens, Greece
Level 2

Same here
Although this is about Airbnb's technical issue, nobody can serve us.
In my case:
I can login by using my desktop computer and my iPhone.
But it is not allwed to login if I use my Android tablet.

in
Ibiza, ES
Level 2

Is AirBnB still sleeping on this and nobody wants to help?? I wonder cause now I figure out that many users who make business (generate cash) for AirBnB didn‘t get helped either....

in
Boston, MA
Level 1
I tried deleting the app and redownloading it back onto my iphone. The app won't download back onto my phone! 😕

in
Florence, Italy
Level 1

Same problem here 😞 I do not know how to comunicate this to airbnb!