awaiting payment = red flag/dead end

Anh50
Level 1
Windsor, Canada

awaiting payment = red flag/dead end

this policy/loophole/oversight has caused much harm for hosts everywhere in many ways... it puts everyone involved at risk & is potentially dangerous! we've experienced its potential for harm but luckily did not disclose any personal info such as address, etc. to non confirmed/paid/accepted guests; there's a reason for that isn't there?! from now on we, along with many other fellow airbnb hosts we know, will screen especially same-day/last-minute booking requests much more thoroughly & only accept those who meet us halfway by providing enough info about themselves & their trip so that there's some credibility... we recommend to never let anyone check in without a confirmed/paid/accepted reservation! don't give out your address in messages; they'd know it & everything else too once they're booked. know that short-notice booking request is a proven way to sabotage your airbnb business/income, & at the moment it's working too well only because of a weakness in airbnb's system/policy. many of us hosts have felt frustration, cheated, powerless... because of this but know that we're in the driver's seat... hopefully airbnb will fix this soon; it isn't a major thing to fix (but causes major problems) but when will they fix it??? until then you're in the driver's seat only until you click "accept" & see "awaiting payment" ...so drive carefully, safely, check those blind spots, use your instinct. 

hope it wasn't too long to read; just wanted to share these thoughts while they're fresh. happy hosting! happy traveling 🙂

4 Replies 4
Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Anh50   Hello 🙂   I have had A LOT of last minute bookings and they have never shown "Awaiting payment"... they are always confirmed and paid for. 

Can you explain a bit more what you are talking about? Are these guests that are booking actually showing up to your property and staying without the payment going through? 

Thanks! 

I was wondering if you could tell me who to contact about payment.  We have had emails saying it been sent but we have yet to receive anything.  We just opened at the beginning of August, so we are new to this.  Please advise.

Mat28
Level 2
Cook Islands

I am still waiting to receive payment for the month of July. I don't know what is going on, I have made numerous attempts at finding out what the issue is and I was required to provide an ID, which I did, since then nothing has happened, the guests have come and gone and I have yet to be paid for July and its now August. Help!

Denys17
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I am waiting for my payments 2 months now for my 3 properties in UAE. I registered since mid of 2018 and before was receiving payments without any problems. In the last 2 months all payments coming to my bank account and then going back to Airbnb in the same time. Bank calling me and telling that Airbnb mentioned the wrong name in the application and they can't accept these payments. I am calling Airbnb daily 1-2 hours a day and they told me to contact Payoneer. Now I am also calling Payoneer another hour nearly every day but no result. Airbnb requested me to remove my bank account details and then put it back again 5 times by now but the account is not registering correctly. So 5 times I remove and then put back exactly the same account details.

On my requests for support full ignorance. The reply is "we will forward your case to a special department" and this is 2 months now. Apartments are booked till the middle of 2020 but what is the point of such "business" if I can't get my payments. 

Is someone who can advise me how to get hold of that "special department" who really can at list tell me if I will receive my money or not at all?

I am seriously considering the option to cancel all the bookings and remove all my properties from the listing. At the list, I will not lose money for one more year of rent.

Please Help.

Thank you