erroneous guest review

erroneous guest review

Just thought I would share my recent experience with you guys. A recent guest of ours submitted a 4 star review after her stay. So far all our reviews have been 5 star and it seemed a little odd, especially since I had gone out  of my way to make their stay exceptional. On a more detailed examination of the review i noticed that the guest had given me a five star rating in all of the six rated categories and furthermore described her stay as "an excellent experience ". It just did not add up. So I contacted airbnb support to ascertain whether this was an error on their part. My rating had dropped from a 5 to 4.9 and I was not happy. 

I was told by the assistant that the overall rating was not determined by the individual rating in each of the 6 categories (?) This seemed a little odd, so I contacted the guest myself regarding the review. She was surprised at the 4 star rating herself. On further investigation she discovered that she had omitted a section of the review. I contacted airbnb support with this new info. and was told that the guest had to contact airbnb themself. Thankfully, she did just that. She was not able to change her review however. The only alternative was to delete the review at her request. This was done and my 5 star rating was restored. 

So please be on the lookout for possible erroneous reviews!

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

So if I understand your post correctly, @Cyrus22 , the guest made an error during the review process and the only alternative was for the review to be deleted.  Sigh...  I know there is no easy fix of the review system, but too bad this was the result.  

Most of us that have been around a while have learned to live with the less that 5 rating as to get upset is to invite more stress than necessary.  In this case, the guest was in error and willing to do something about it.  That is not very usual.