how do I cancel request for money?

Timo13
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

how do I cancel request for money?

Turned out the guest made her own arrangements for transfer from airport. I would like to cancel the request so that it does not look like she is a bad guest. thanks in advance.

19 Replies 19
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Timo13   If you made the payment request through a request to modify the reservation, go back to the reservation and modifying again.  If it is too late, i.e., Air BNB has already paid you, then I guess you will have to reimburse in cash.  Be sure to document through the Air BNB messaging, though.

Timo13
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Thanks for your response, Linda - I should have been more specific - I made the request throught the resolution centre which was suggested to me as a way to deal with this sort of optional extra service.

Hi Timo, did you find out how this is done ?
Ramsey7
Level 1
Tucson, AZ

Hey there, I feel like we have a similar issue. I made a request  for extra services, turns out they need another night then what I budgetted for them. Is there a way to cancel this request for extra services or do they have to just pay that initial one and I have to send another one for the difference? I hope this makes sense 🙂 

I have a similar issue does anyone have an answer?

Wendy1100
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

hi

Has anyone found out how to do this?  I made a request for money via Resolution Centre and I now need to withdraw that request - any ideas how to do this?

thanks

Same situation here. After I submitted request for payment to Airbnb, guest paid for damages using VINMO.
I went back to the Resolution Center and found no way to cancel/withdraw my request, no way to enter a comment and no way send them a message.

This needs to change. An update is needed to make it easy for us...hosts.

Ali92
Level 3
Walla Walla, WA

I figured it out!  Go to do another request for that guest, then hit exit (top right) or back arrow on screen, (cant remember which,) and it will bring you to a page with all of your past money requests.  You can then hit "cancel" for that specific one.

where do I go to do another request?

@Daniel-and-Migdalia0 

To the specific reservation, choose "sent or receive money"

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Lyssa293
Level 1
Bainbridge Island, WA

This worked perfectly. Since I was logged it, it took me to all the requests and I could choose the one that had not been paid and cancel it.

Genius @Ali92 This was driving me crazy and your solution worked for me - woohoo!

Wow!

Thanks so much, this worked perfectly, never knew that exit button would bring me to the screen to be able to cancel a request!

Super time saver!