leaving a negative review

Emelie1
Level 2
Carolina Beach, NC

leaving a negative review

I recenty had  guests stay and received complaints about them from another rental company that has units in the same building. They said they threw stuff from the balcony and shouted obscenities at other guests. I am trying to write the review, should I put that in the open sction even tho I did not see it happen first hand? This is what I was thinking about writing:

Emily was communicative throughout her stay. Unfortunately, we were disappointed to receive complaints from our neighbors of her and her group being noisy and rude.  We hope these guests will be respectful of future hosts' requests.

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would lose the second sentence.

What did the guests say to you when you contacted them about their behaviour?

Did their behaviour improve?

it was their last night there. And I did not receive the phone message until after they had checked out so I didn't say anything to them. They were young, probably younger than the 25 year old that is stated on the terms and conditions. Next time there are 5 adults wanting to book, I will double check their age and stress no parties!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you host remotely, you can also look at installing CCTV so you can monitor guests coming in and out of your property. This will help you avoid guests coming to party and behaving badly.

Demity0
Level 1
Brisbane City, Australia

Do you need to notify future guests that you have cctv installed?

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

I wouldn't mention what I didn't see.