mobile app error: You do not have permission to access this resource

Jeff159
Level 2
Louisville, KY

mobile app error: You do not have permission to access this resource

When I attempt a search in the mobile app exactly like I have done numerous times in recent days, I get the error "You do not have permission to access this resource." I can change the dates and the search works fine. I have logged in properly and can switch between host and traveler options. This search is in the traveler mode. The app just updated an hour or so ago to the latest version.

Any idea what's going on?

74 Replies 74
Chandra9
Level 2
Goodland, KS

Jeff did you ever get any help with this?  This just happened to me today.  I have been using the mobile app for several months without any problems.  It was being glitchy so decided to delete and reinstall, I did change my password and am getting the same error on the app.  I am able to log in with google but really liked using the app.  I called an airbnb help line but was just told to log in through google.

I don't believe I had the problem for long. I haven't noticed it in a long while.

Hello my beautiful people. I think I have found the solution. So originally I got this error alert after I selected the dates I wanted to book. Sooooo I went to Profile (at the bottom) > view and edit profile > edit (at the top right) > and scroll down to Government ID> click PROVIDE> take photo> click save. 

Then BOOM! Problem solved. I hope this helps someone. 

Yesssss worked perfectly!!! Thank you!!!!!

It worked!! Thank you so much! I did the ID and i reset my password in case of any security issues and I'm in and booked! Thank you!

Robert839
Level 1
Rockport, MA

I also have the "You do not have permission to access this resource"  ... But I do not ge the Boom problem fixed when I add the photo.  Perhaps it's just a matter of getting data connected after all my updating.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Alu0
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Same is happening to me and I DO have my government i.d. verified.  Didn't matter.

I question if it's something the HOST has selected?  I originally inquired about dates and what floor the guest suite was located on. After learning it was a 3rd floor unit I opted not to book, resulting in a declined reservation.

I wonder if the host either knowingly or unknowingly has blocked me as a guest?  Is there such a feature on Airbnb?  A filter for guests you deem undesirable?

Would love for hosts to chime in on this subject.

I'm having the same problem. 

Colin151
Level 2
Richmond, United Kingdom

I have the same issue as a host

Hello colin 

Because I have similar problem,do you have any updates for  this issue 

Esther276
Level 1
Rock Rapids, IA

I get this error message when I try to leave a review for my host. I click on "leave a review" and I get a message that states, "You don't have access to do this." HELP!!!

I have the same problem, tried updating, restarting the app. Very annoying...

Eleni9
Level 2
Mikonos, Greece

Hello, Im host and im facing the same issue with my messages through app any solution?

Eleni9
Level 2
Mikonos, Greece

Hello I'm a host and I have problem with the app for over 2 weeks now I don't have access in the messages and an error appear :

you do not have permission at this source. 

this is very annoying I try to contact many times with an assistant but no help.

I uninstalled and installed the app again and again.

I try to connect from other mobile but the same issue remain.  But the weird thing is that I connect to the app from different account and the app works fine!

So I assume that is an account problem!

In the laptop and desktop I don't face any problem.

Any idea about that problem!please@

Any help will be valuable @Jeff159