mobile app error: You do not have permission to access this resource

Jeff159
Level 2
Louisville, KY

mobile app error: You do not have permission to access this resource

When I attempt a search in the mobile app exactly like I have done numerous times in recent days, I get the error "You do not have permission to access this resource." I can change the dates and the search works fine. I have logged in properly and can switch between host and traveler options. This search is in the traveler mode. The app just updated an hour or so ago to the latest version.

Any idea what's going on?

74 Replies 74

Same problem over two months!

Sometime is fixed but after a week again the same problem appears. 

It is error by airbnb 

And still no permanent solution. 

Unfortunately this is the true. 

Last month I called them numerious times but no help or solution given !

Same problem for me as a host using the Android app. I am using the web site in Chrome as a wokaround for now. Rebooting and/or uninstalling and reinstalling the app makes no difference. Does anybody know if Airbnb has even acknowledged that is an issue that they need to fix?

Note that if you're in the Inbox in the app and swipe down to referesh, it will be stuck in refresh forever. There seems to be a disconnect between the message database and the app. Maybe there was a backend upate that is not in sync with the app. Looks like a permission/protocol issue to me.

I have the same problem.  I can access my hosting calendar and everything else but my hosting inbox is empty.  My traveling inbox is just fine on the app.  They said they escalated my issue an then closed my ticket....  Odd that they would close an open ticket unless it has been reported multiple times.  I too made a small change and it seems there is no forgiveness or going back.  I will let you know if they reply back.

One more data point The iOS app seems to be OK, as the Airbnb Inbox still works fine on my wife's iPhone. If I read this thread correctly, this issue is specific to the Android app.

Alex80
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Host. Same problem. Works fine on desktop, but Android app is not working.

I'm having this issue after upgrade Android OS today.

Julie660
Level 4
Rockford, IL

I spoke to airbnb a few minuted ago and the person I spoke to was unaware of the issue.  They can't fix it if they don't know it's broken.  Anyway, I gave them this thread to monitor.  Post the issues on this thread as well so they know it's a current wide spead issue...not to mention calling them as well

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Airbnb-app-Unable-to-read-messages-as-a-host-cohost/m-p/855...

Randi-Charlotte0
Level 2
Tromsø, Norway

Hello good people, I'm having the exact same problem with my Hosting inbox. Error, you have no access to this resource.

Sometimes it seems like I get in, but then It's completely empty. There's no problem with my Travelling inbox. I have a fairly new Samsung Galaxy. I've lost bookings because of this! Extremely frustrating!

I reported this yesterday, but no answer from Airbnb.

I am having the same problem. My hosting inbox is empty. With an 'error you don't have permission to access this resource'. I also have an android. I have contacted Airbnb, no fix yet. 

Björn33
Level 2
Reykjavik, Iceland

Same here. Messages not syncing. Using Android. Tried rebooting and reinstalling the app.

Amjad8
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Looks like I'm not the only one. The Android app appears to have a broken inbox for hosts.

Yesterday the inbox started working again for me in the Android app. I didn't do anything. I assume something was fixed at the backend. Anybody else go fom broken to fixed?

Sompong0
Level 2
Pattaya City, Thailand

Hurrah!  My inbox started working today!

Lynn292
Level 2
Nashville, TN

I have the same problem but on a desktop computer. It was fine then I didn't have booking for a month. It states I don't have permission to see the messages. I am the owner, but have a cohost. She can see and get messages.

This is a long thread from one year. Why isn't there a solution listed?