mobile app error: You do not have permission to access this resource

Jeff159
Level 2
Louisville, KY

mobile app error: You do not have permission to access this resource

When I attempt a search in the mobile app exactly like I have done numerous times in recent days, I get the error "You do not have permission to access this resource." I can change the dates and the search works fine. I have logged in properly and can switch between host and traveler options. This search is in the traveler mode. The app just updated an hour or so ago to the latest version.

Any idea what's going on?

74 Replies 74
Rachel10
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

I have had this problem only on my phone airbnb app for over a month with no solution yet from Airbnb. At first they told me to uninstall the app and reinstall. Power off power on. Use Chrome . Nothing fixed the problem. I still cannot open my Inbox and see my messages. I was also told that Airbnb is doing a huge overhaul on the phone app at this moment.

Back in August I co hosted for an airbnb host. I was linked to her listing and could receive messages. When she returned from abroad and unlinked me from co hosting I was still getting messages from her guests. SHe called Airbnb and explained and they helped unlink me. However, I am still recieving those messages AND the strange part of this is that my name is now in the same bar as the guests' name ex. a guest name is Mara. When Mara sends my host friend a message my name is on the same line like this: Mara & Rachel.

Hopefully soon tech will solve this but as I was explained this is the first time they have seen this kind pf problem. Has anyone else encountered this?

Hello Rachel Im having exactly the same issue .

I was co host and when I unlinked from co host  a problem with app start.

I have contacted so many times with airbnb but I didn't receive any solution.sometimes is working again but only for few hours and then again the messages are not loading 

If you manage to find solution please text here!

Eleni

Rachel10
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

I also tried opening the app on my son's phone, as the Airbnb assistant advised, but to no avail.

Rachel

Same thing I also advised by airbnb assistant but nothing changed. They said me it is app error but that is impossible. I tried connect different account at the same mobile and the app works fine!

It is ridicules but I think the only solution is to delete my account and creat new one 

Hello Rachel 

I'm having exactly the same issue with you 

For couple days it was fixed but since yesterday the problem start again 

Do you have any updates from your side 

Thank you

Eleni

Hello Rachel Do you have any news about the app error .

in my account the problem still exist 😞

eleni

Mary-and-Rob0
Level 2
Swannanoa, NC

We are having the same issue as a host. reinstall has no effect. Whats up?

Esther332
Level 1
Bayan Lepas, MY

Hello,

I am a host, has this problem being solved? If yes, is there any thread that will leads to the solution to overcome this problem?

Thank you all very much.

Esther

I too am experiencing this. It's terrible! Airbnb states that they will call me back. I will post here when they do. 

Yan3
Level 10
Hong Kong

I am a host and I'm running into the same problem with the host Inbox within the mobile app. It just says: "ERROR: You do not have permission to access this resource" I've already reached out to support, but they don't have an immediate solution.

Michael2413
Level 3
North Andover, MA

Co-host  here having the same problem as co-host.  Oddly they just released the app update...  This is really bad...app is really the only way I can check messages when on the go...

I'm on android 6.0.1  If you are having the same problem please post your operating system info...not that airbnb cares...

Sompong0
Level 2
Pattaya City, Thailand

I am having the SAME PROBLEM.  I can't look at my messages.  I get the error   'You do not have permission to access this resource'.   No new messages have appeared in my inbox for 3 days.  I have tried re-installing the app and now have an empty inbox.  I cant even read my old messages!

How am I meant to reply to my guests? I hope Airbnb are listening to us.

Sompong0
Level 2
Pattaya City, Thailand

If it helps anybody, I have logged in to my account using 'Chrome' on my mobile.  It was a little tricky to do, as you are always pushed to the App, but possible!

I can 'view' and 'reply' to messages on my phone now.

Jorge288
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

I just began having this problem a week ago today and it is still not fixed. I co-hosted with 4 people, and the problem began the day I stopped co-hosting for 3 of them. Suddenly I would randomly receive messages from guests that were staying at their properties, but I could not read them unless I would log on Chrome. First I thought maybe I was receiving messages from guests that I had greeted before and perhaps my account was still linked to their reservation, however I was also getting messages in some of the reservations they had received after I'd separated as a co-host. I must check messages on Chrome because I am receiving the same message all of you are receiving on the app if I select my inbox. Strangely enough, sometimes when I click on a push notification that launches the app I am able to respond to a guest, however if I log on Chrome the message shows unread, and if the guest responds, I get a new push notification and I see my prior response to them, but I don't see their response to me. I have 2 phones, I am receiving the same error message in both, yet if I log on using the primary host account, all works fine. I too have tried clearing the cache, and uninstalling the app. I have reinstalled it. I have removed myself as a co-host and added myself again. I have entirely done a factory reset on my phone. I have spent upwards of 8 or 9 hours on the phone with Airbnb if I add up all the phone calls and I am no closer today to a solution or understanding what is happening than I was last Thursday night when it all began happening. I have also opted for logging on through the web browser, but it is inevitable that I will miss a guest's message at some point. Now I am on edge launching the web platform every few minutes to see if a new message is pending. That may not be a problem for someone with 1 or 2 units, but when you have nearly 30 it is a big hassle. 

ERROR: You do not have permission to access this resource Meet too, I am experiencing the same problem for the past 3 days. I also tried uninstalling the app and restarting my phone.