receiving a Spam through AirBnB

Sam397
Level 10
Reno, NV

receiving a Spam through AirBnB

Am I the only one this is happening to. I got an inquiry a couple of weeks ago that said something like this:

AirbnbInquiry at Maison du Soleil for Jun 26 - 28, 2019
Respond by 5:03 AM PDT on Jun 8
John1 verification

hola How are ya doing I visited your Maison du Soleil page on AirBnb. good home. this is so accurate! I'm 'bout to make your photos look professional and create a professionally written and edited airbnb listing.Follow up the link: host◕gigz◕me 

I contacted CS and they told me that it was spam and I should report the person. I did that and right after I stopped receiving emails from a guest on my private email through Yahoo. I got the ones AirBnB sent (reservation confirmed or payout) but wouldn't get any that guest sent. After 4 or 5 days of trying to figure out the problem, it was decided that I should open a new email account and use it. I did that and it worked fine. That was about a week ago and this morning I got another inquiry from a different person but it said the same thing so I denied his inquiry and reported him like CS said to do last time and now I am not receiving emails from guest again. They told me the email is coming from AirBnB so it can't be just me this is happening too, can it?Is there anybody else who this has happened to?
4 Replies 4

I just received the same one!

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Olev0
Level 3
Toronto, Canada

I just received this Russian message in a reservation request:

Добрый дeнь вaм! Прeдлaгaю зaрaботaть нa нeдвижимости. Способ: оформлeниe брони бeз зaeздa. Пишитe свободныe дaты нa вaйбeр или вотс aп. Номeр: + 7 дeвять восeмь 9 восeмь 1 три один дeвять 3 двa. Мaрия (риeлтор).

Which translates to:

Good day to you! I offer to earn on real estate. Method: booking without reservation. Write free dates on vibe or vote ap. Number: + 7 nine eight nine eight one three one nine three. Mary (realtor).

Clearly it's bogus.

If I decline this, will this affect my Super Host status?

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Send them a special offer for the highest amount you are able to enter into the offer column - that usually shuts them up. 😁 

After reporting, I got a message from airbnb that I had been in contact with someone suspicious and to stay alert. Reported by many I suppose.