repeated alterations

S14
Level 9
New York, NY

repeated alterations

I'm a host in NYC.   Due to COVID, the world -- inc. travel conditions -- are constantly changing (obviously).

I like to encourage my guests, if they feel nervous traveling, that they submit an alteration request for dates in the future. I'd rather they book with me now (for the future) than potentially changing their minds and booking with someone else later.  As long as they give me like a month notice so we can have a chance of getting another booking.

The guest wants to know if Airbnb has a limit on the number of times they can alter a reservation. EG -- let's say they reschedule it to six months from now. But maybe in six months, things are still bad and they want to reschedule again. I don't mind -- but the question is -- Does AIrbnb limit the number of alterations on a reservation?

No one can reach Support at this time to ask and I can't find any articles about it.

SInce AIrbnb gets to hold all the funds, I assume they don't care if it keeps getting put off, but we need to double check.

Unexpectedly, we are actually getting reservations, but people coming from certain states are subject to a travel advisory and some guests are uncomfortable with that.

1 Reply 1

@S14   The information on booking alterations doesn't mention a limit:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/913/

I would think Airbnb prefers to keep the guest's payment in its system with multiple alterations rather than returning it in a cancellation. But if you accept an alteration but your circumstances change and you can't honor the new dates, you're still on the hook for the cancellation penalties (barring whatever the new Extenuating Circumstances allow from Jan. 21).