reservation made without verifying actual availability

Andrea4952
Level 2
Tatti, Italy

reservation made without verifying actual availability

Hi,

I have a person who made a reservation without first writing to double-check the actual availability...it turns out that the place is in fact not available.

(normally people would write to double check before actually reserving).

I wrote about this to the person, and for the moment she did not come back...I would like to know if anybody had similar experiences and how you approached the issue.

TIA for any feedback

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Andrea4952 

If you have Instant Book activated and the desired dates are available on your calender, then somebody can make a reservation without your intervention.

If the place is not available, then your calender is not setup correct, which is your responsibility.

"normally people would write to double check before actually reserving"

This is not correct.

Thanks for the prompt reply Emiel1!

In fact, my listing is also currently marked as unlisted...so it is a bit unclear how these people got to it.

Concerning the "instant book" option, I went to look, and it is indeed on...possilby my fault then (however this listing has been unlisted for a lot of time now, and I don't remember...but it feels kind of strange that I would set up an instant booking for it...).. thanks again.

I just checked your listing. It looks active to me. I would double check your settings.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Andrea4952   It may be that your setting is to "snooze" your listing until mid-September then it becomes avaialble.  If this is what is happening, you can go to the listing status and change the end date.  Meanwhile, you should speak with a customer service rep and explain the error and ask the reservation to be cancelled.  Also, turn off Instant Book until you are ready to actively manage the listing.  Good luck!