violation of the airbnb contract

Darko39
Level 2
Spodnje Prapreče, Slovenia

violation of the airbnb contract

1st: A guest booked an apartment for three people. Pets are not allowed in the apartment. I think that guest has to indicate in the application that he has a dog (even though it is a service dog, the guest has hearing problems) or he could apply for a change in the reservation. He informed me about the dog almost a month after the reservation (29 days after or two days before arrival), I allowed it but I demanded a daily payment for the dog's accommodation. I think that with this request I do not violate Airbnb rules for people with disabilities, because I was not duly informed about the situation.

2nd: Overnight stay for an additional person: I think Airbnb is checking the identity of the guests for safety reasons. I can not accept the claim of the same guest that can accept anyone for overnight stays without informing a host first. If the guest booked for three people, I expect three people. Otherwise, the overnight stay of the additional guest must be agreed and paid; he should inform the host that his guest will stay overnight.

With this additional service, I asked for a payment from the guest. The guest refuses to pay with the statement that he has informed me of the dog and that he can accept anyone in the rented apartment.
I also asked Airbnb for opinions, but there is no answer.

4 Replies 4
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Darko39 

Airbnb TOS:

"...

8.3.3 You may not bring any additional individuals to an Experience, Event or other Host Service unless such an individual was added by you as an additional guest during the booking process on the Airbnb Platform.

..."

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Darko39
Level 2

Thanks for answering me!

So You say, like, this rule really exist on the Airbnb list of rules? Where can I find it?

Thanks,   Darko

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Darko39 actually you can't request daily payment for the service dog unless you have stated in your house rules that you do before the guest booked. However you can request recompensation for the extra guest or you can call Airbnb and have them cancel his reservation. 

Darko39
Level 2

The guest is already on premises and he refuses to talk to me. 

So even though I wrote, that pets (animals) are not allowed, it counts that service dog is not an animal?