Gaining Access to the property

Tarryn6
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Gaining Access to the property

Hi, I have long term tenants in the property who are staying for a month however I need to gain access one evening as the next tenant wants to view the property what are my rights about requesting access to the property so that I can show the other tenant the space? Best, Tarryn

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Tarryn6 this is a very bad idea in my opinion. You should never show your property to guests before the check in day. What if he steals something from you? What if he steals something from the guests? And I am guessing the guests won't be too happy about this. You sure have photos in your Airbnb account,he can see the property there. If you still want to show it you can ask for permission from the current guests, if they give it to you go forward, if not there is nothing you can do. 

Tarryn6
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi, I would be with them the whole time and as he is wanting to rent it for 2 months think I understand him wanting to see it. I realise the current guests might not be happy but they are there for 30 days so was hoping they would be reasonable and would never let another guest in unattended.