Extending stay

Extending stay

More than once, I've had a guest ask to extend their stay. I have not figured out an easy way to do this. Usually, they have to begin again ( ignoring links to our old communication) and send a new request. Then I have to go in and change the cleaning fee( hard to justify two of those in only a few days). It's time- consuming and awkward I could take a check, but I prefer to do it through Airbnb and I Know. Airbnb does too!
6 Comments
Rebecca4
Level 10

Have you tried modifying their reservation? That's what I do. They get sent a request that they then have to accept. No second cleaning fee. Easy!

Dan81
Level 1

I will try that when it comes up.  😉

Chris194
Level 2

I've also had this a few times and didn't know about the "modify reservation" tactic. I'll try that too!
Although, perhaps Airbnb could just make the setting more obvious? I'm sure a lot of people had this situation. 

I've tried the modify reservation function but it doesn't work after the guest has already checked in. But if a guest is staying 3 nights and on night 2 decides they want to add a 4th night, it is too late and the modify function didn't work. It could have been user error I guess. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Jayce0
Level 2

I cant get this to work and I CANNOT find where to contact airbnb so I guess I have to just rememeber that someone has those dates, frustrating airbnb