More basic categories of spaces available and give "entire house/apt" different filter options

More basic categories of spaces available and give "entire house/apt" different filter options

Just a suggestion:

1. Private room and shared bath
  2. Private room and bath, shared entrance
  3. Private room with en-suite bath, shared entrance
  4. Private suite with en-suite bath and private entrance
  5. Entire house or apartment

I wrote to Airbnb about this but I never heard back.

But I truly believe that if they did this it would very much help guests and be conducive for better guest / host relationships; make for less guest disappointment and unhappy campers. In the long run all would benefit. 

There is such a big difference and I think "entire house/apt" category should be entirely separate from "private room" category with entire separate filter options and amenities. Stay lengths, rules, cleaning fees, amenities, deposits, refund policy, accommodation fees and more are all very different and are awkward and confusing to try to combine them.

Also you may need to get deposit upfront and be more strict with refund options for longer stays and larger amounts that are often generated for the entire house/apt category.

I host an “entire house/apt” separate apartment with two (front & back) entrances built as a granny unit with a kitchen at my home.  But I share a yard, garage and a washing machine with my guests so what is that?  It is hard to fit in the options available and a lot of the options just don't apply - like "private bathroom" and "breakfast".  Because of course it goes without saying the bathroom is private ... and no, you have your own kitchen so I don't enter your private apartment to serve you breakfast!

There are several posts about this very same issue but each one has only 3 or 4 thumbs-up – so if you agree please give a thumbs-up and maybe this suggestion will be submitted.

Thank you.

2 Comments
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Teri36
Level 2

Hi Mary Ann, your ideas are good and specific, I just sent them to airbnb at 2 email addresses, and called then and asked they implement them. Hope others pick up your ideas, they can even use this email:

Please expand the type of listing categories. A great suggestion (from Mary Ann in Sun City, AZ)

1. Private room /w shared bath
  2. Private room & bath, shared entrance
  3. Private room w/ en-suite bath, shared entrance
  4. Private suite w/ bath and private entrance
  5. Entire house/apt
I have number 4, it's extremely spiffy and what makes it stand out, but can't be searched as such, as you know.

Thank you,
Teri in Memphis\Getting ready to become a host