Please add pet fee option to reservations!

Please add pet fee option to reservations!

Airbnb please, add the pet fee option.  It has been 'in the works' long enough.  Not having the pet fee option clearly listed during the booking and reservation process makes it more difficult for hosts and guests.  We, the pet friendly airbnb hosts, would like the pet fee option put in place asap.  We need it to continue offering wonderful pet friendly accomodations and to be compensated for the added cleaning and services we provide guests with pets.  It makes it easier for guests to instant book and know clearly what their fees will be.  Please 

8 Comments
Kevin-And-Pat0
Level 3

I put the pet fee in my site. I also need to know the breed and size. I do not want instant booking for pets,what if they 2 dogs x 75 lbs? 

Raquel24
Level 10

I dont mind what size the dogs are.  Some of the smallest dogs (and kids) can leave the biggest mess.  I want to use the pet fee option at reservations.  So if you dont want to use it, you dont have to use it.  That's the purpose of having it as an option.  Someone who instant books can still have a pet and continue with the instant book so adding a pet fee option wont change that possibility, it only makes it more cumbersome when applying fees.  

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10

Agree!  Great idea.  

Scott182
Level 2

Agree, this would be a great option.

Ernest9
Level 1
Airbnb. I looked at the section where you feel Airbnb resolved the Pet fee issue, but in reality did not. The host has to provide a pet fee in the details of the listing, but when actually trying to collect the fee, we have to work through the resolution center. This is not working out to good, and makes awkward and bad feelings between the host and guest. Then Airbnb provides a disclaimer saying that they are not responsible for fees not collected outside of the pricing....well, here we go again. I agree, with the first post....please please please make the pet fee an option, just like you do the cleaning fee. It is not right to up the cleaning fee over all for everyone just because Airbnb hasn't incorporated a Pet fee option.
Raquel24
Level 10

Has anyone had success in contacting airbnb about adding the pet fee option?

Robert703
Level 1

A guest wants to pay their pet fee but there is not that option for payment.  How is this done?

Kevin-And-Pat0
Level 3

Airbnb will let a guest book even with a pet elephant. They just want that commission. You have to ask every inquiry . Yes, it about time they have a check box for pets, how many ,etc