Review system needs overhaul!

Review system needs overhaul!

Reviews are good thing for the hosts and the guests because they give you great feedback about how people see your place or feel about you. However, its really bad that every rating counts equal,no matter if it comes from experienced guest,or someone who is using it for the first time and still don't understand principle of working this site. Can you even imagine how would it look like the list of top 250 movies on IMDB if they let every voice counts the same way?
How can we all be in the same basket ,me ,who is doing Airbnb as a host for a year,and as a guest for three,and someone who opened the profile yesterday and still thinks he is going to a hotel,and not in a private home?
I agree that every single review should be shown but I strongly disagree with the idea that every review counts in overall grade. I think someone review is valid to be count when that person has at least 3 relevant ratings. Hope this problem would be fixed soon...

2 Comments
Gina32
Level 10

It's and interesting thought you have raised. How indeed Can we all be in the same basket.

Some are offering budget rooms, houses, luxury appartments etc, etc, with various levels of services and amenities.

Guests can be a very mixed bag as well. AND yes many do think they are going to a "private hotel" and expect the host to be the butler.

Guests can choose to live it up today and go budget the next day but it does not stop them from comparing one stay against the other. And yes there are the newbies on both sides who do not understand the "real" airbnb concept.

I'm finding more and more that guests are not just reviewing their stay, but  are indeed comparing it to a previous stay in a very different environment and location.

This is not an easy fix in my opinion.

Jacques98
Level 2

I strongly agree.

I recently got a review from a newbie: 5 ratings of 1-star plus comments like 'good' or 'no problem'. Weird, but still, the average rating is down because of this.