Suggestion for better relations between Airbnb and hosts

Suggestion for better relations between Airbnb and hosts

these days, quite a few hosts are disgruntled about the "treatment" they receive from Airbnb, and the feeling is that guests are paid much more attention to than hosts.

How about this fix: send out a monthly email newsletter to hosts, highlighting the changes newly implemented into the Airbnb platform, address some hot topics, add a few suggestions, keep us in the loop!

An email would catch anybody's attention easily. Alerting hosts to changes would also do a lot to cut down on complaints and unnecessary reaching out to Airbnb by some hosts.  

see it as a win-win situation for Airbnb and hosts alike. 

21 Comments
Ange2
Level 10

Annette And Curtis: "How about this fix: send out a monthly email newsletter to hosts, highlighting the changes newly implemented into the Airbnb platform, address some hot topics, add a few suggestions, keep us in the loop!"

YES. Perfect , I agree. Airbnb could also be proactive and look at the Community Forum there is a wealth of information about problems that need to be addressed.

Andrew90
Level 10

Agree - no fluff but updates to site, app policy etc.  I usually have to find out about changes and new features by noticing them or reading on other blogs 

Ephraim0
Level 10

I really don't think it's complicated to treat hosts with dignity. Amazon, Walmart, costco, Expedia are all mamaoth corporations yet the treat their customers well. I think they stood the test of time because of their customer service. I disagree with the notion that a comapny is too big to fail, it happens all the time in a free market economy. I don't see a newsletter as very helpful, I personally would see it as another patronizing gimic. If airbnb wished to be responsive to us hosts they could make it happen in a weeks time. Instead we all type away on these boards like a bunch of retarded monkeys sharing thoughts, joys, pains and ideas with one another. But as far as airbnb is concerned no one is home.

Ephraim0
Level 10

I really don't think it's complicated to treat hosts with dignity. Amazon, Walmart, costco, Expedia are all mammoth corporations yet the treat their customers well. I think they stood the test of time because of their customer service. I disagree with the notion that a comapny is too big to fail, it happens all the time in a free market economy. I don't see a newsletter as very helpful, I personally would see it as another patronizing gimic. If airbnb wished to be responsive to us hosts they could make it happen in a weeks time. Instead we all type away on these boards like a bunch of retarded monkeys sharing thoughts, joys, pains and ideas with one another. But as far as airbnb is concerned no one is home.

Andrea9
Level 10
Yes, I'm tired of fluff propaganda too. Take hosts seriously. All of your changes in the last months were pro guest but not pro host. We are your cash cows, no need to throttle us.
Wyatt
Host Voice Admin
Status changed to: Launched

Thank you @Annette33! This is a great Idea, and in fact, it's something our Host Communications team is currently doing. Every month a Host Newsletter is emailed to over 1 million hosts around the world. The Newsletter includes product updates, hosting tips, even invitations to local Airbnb events in your market.

If you're not receiving the Host Newsletter, you can catch up on recent editions in our archives and sign up to receive the monthly Newsletter in the future.

Our Host Comms team is open to your feedback as they try to deliver valuable and interesting content to you each month. They have reviewed this thread and are interested in hearing your comments on the Newsletters they send out. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

Linda108
Level 10

I like both of your ideas.  I would add that it would be great education for me to have FAQ article about hosting deaf guests.  

Cormac0
Level 10

@Annette33

I think its about time that Airbnb set up a bonus system for Hosts based around their star system, at the moment its more stick than carrot and this balance needs to be addressed.

For example if you maintained a five star ***** rating for a year the following  3 month will have no fee's leveled on you hostings.

After all they set the parameter....

Teresa--Terri-0
Level 4

I really like the neswsletter idea. I have wondered why I find out about changes by reading host forums rather than hearing from Air directly. A factual newsletter detailing changes would be very welcome - advertising and "fluff" would not.

Andrea1063
Level 10

Right and I can not thumb up or down any of the threads.  Why is that?