2019: Month of Celebration

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

2019: Month of Celebration

CC Project.jpg

Hiya everyone!

Since December 2017, we have held annual Month of Celebrations here in the Community Center, throughout the month of December.

For those of you who haven't heard of this before, here is a quick recap:

For each day of December, a different community member posts a new topic about something positive! This can be a nice story, personal experience, tips... whatever gives you a smile! Each time, we have shared some great conversations and laughs.

Last year we had some wonderful topics including @Nutth0 with A host who enriches passion by hosting an Experience and a festive look from @Helen427 with Christmas - Reflections, Reminiscing, Remembrance . So the range of things huge. You can take a look at last years' here, to get the creative juices flowing.

We have had a few of you CC'ers ask if we are running it again this year and we have decided: YES! However, as you can imagine, we are time poor so we need YOUR HELP!

If you would like to get involved, please reply to this thread letting us know which day(s) you would like to post your topic.

fullsss.PNG

I hope you are all enjoy this dose of positivity whether you get involved or just enjoy reading 😄

A huge thank to every member of this CC - we couldn't do it without you!

Stephanie, @Lizzie  & @Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

136 Replies 136
Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Stephanie   Thank you for organising this again, Stephanie!  Although I am not able to contribute anything this year,  I'm looking forward to the articles and some inspiration!  🙂

Giuliana142
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Thanks @Kevin1322 , without these tips - well, how can you learn, right? I sent my December celebration mini story to @Stephanie ....hope she got it. Or does anyone  else see it?

@Helen427  I totally enjoyed reading your last year’s Christmas post. I use to live in Europe, right below the Julian Alps. Close to the Adriatic Sea. This world has breathtaking places! I should probably send my contribution to @Lizzie and @Quincy to make sure it gets posted on December 4th?

Matt26
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

A little lost on how/where to post tomorrow's Day 14. Here's a link to it. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Day-14-How-Allowing-Last-Minute-Reservations-Saved-a-Mother...

I'm not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure it gets posted in time... so day 14 isn't blank for most of the day!!

How are we to submit our contribution?

Also, for some reason my profile name is Stan-and-Jan0.  SHould be just Stan-and-Jan so I'm sure how that happened. Can I or someone fix that?  It's correct on my main profile page.

hi @Stan-and-Jan0  your Number 0 of those with the names  Stan-and-Jan

Bless your cotton socks it's Admins way of ensuring that our names are easier to locate to Tag etc.

All the best

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Stan-and-Jan0 ,

The addition of the 0 is as @Helen427 (though we all know there's only ONE Stan and Jan!) In regards to your month of celebration post, please just post it as a new topic on your day and you can drop me a private message with a link to it so I can make sure it's all in the write place etc. 

Looking forward to it!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Deborah82
Level 10
Toodyay, Australia

Hey all,

Todays is up and posted. My apols for it not being up first thing this morning... I forgot.

Oops.

Thank you to @Quincy for the heads up.

Whoops! edited to include today's link. Grab a coffee or tea as it's.... long. Apols but as you'll read our family have a lot to be grateful for this year. I didn't want to mention that it started off with a death in the family on the 4th of January or that I spent 7 months out of the 12 away from home, my husband, writing and my foster furs. But we overcame and it has ended on such a high note for us. I wanted to share the good with y'all.

For those that don't get the chance to read it, can I just wish y'all a blessed 2020. I wish you and yours all the very best you can have.

Loving the Airbnb community and it’s diversity❣️
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No worries @Deborah82!

A lot of love back from all of us here! ❤️

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thank you Quincy.

Loving the Airbnb community and it’s diversity❣️
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no @Debi1!

No worries, I will post this for you right now! 

-----

Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

Thanks so much! Can you tell me how to get the photo included or should I give up on it?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Debi1, would it possible for you to share the photo here? I can then try to add it to your post if you'd like? 🙂 

Also, here's the link to your monthly celebration topic https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Day-18-Building-a-Host-Community/td-p/1196355

-----

Evidently it's too big.  I'm getting my husband to reduce the size.  But at least finally it looks like I might be able to get it to you.  Be right back (he's in a different city, so we're doing this long distance.)

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ok! I'll be here if you need me @Debi1 🙂 

-----