A competing airbnb host left me a poor review

A competing airbnb host left me a poor review

Hello airbnb:

Competing host asked to stay at my place in desperation, and he left a nasty review (notably lower than all other guests). Is it possible to have his review removed?

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It looks as if you maybe did get it removed, @Jennifer618? Unless there is a delay in it appearing, which is possible. I have noticed a bit of a delay lately. Anyway, if you have not, and if he violated Airbnb's content policy (see the Reviews section here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546/what-is-airbnb-s-content-policy) you have a case. 

If you cannot get it removed - if you are told it was his impression of the place and so is valid - you can respond to the review, but be very careful to make it professional and unemotional. Respond only to what is said, not to the star ratings. You might say, "This is a competing host in my neighborhood and his review is not reflective of what my other wonderful guests have experienced." 

Or something like that. 

Thanks for the help!  How would you go about contacting customer service to see if they are willing to remove it? @Lawrene0

I would tweet a direct message to AirbnbHelp, @Jennifer618, or you could use any of the other methods listed here: Contact Airbnb

Thanks @Lawrene0!

Pretty sure I found the review and it is fine and you are showing 5 stars so if that was the plan it failed.

David
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Please keep in mind what @Lawrene0 said IF not removed. His suggestion is perfect; short, sweet and very dissmissive, which helps the reader also dismiss it as nothing but sheer nonsense.