#Adelaide - South Australia Hosts

#Adelaide - South Australia Hosts

Hello and welcome to hosts from #Adelaide

This post is a welcome to all hosts from Adelaide, South Australia, as a way for us to keep in contact on the new forums

It seems we dont have an Adelaide city group yet in these forums, and I have no idea how or even if we can make one. So for the time being, there's this.

Ive borrowed the idea from the #Mendocino group (thank you!). 

For now let's use the hashtag #Adelaide in our posts regarding local issues and see how it goes. We can use the search feature to find each other's posts using the same hashtag and hope to stay in touch that way.

Also, please follow this link to our Adelaide Group in the original Airbnb Group Forums. It will be available to view until February 25, 2016. https://www.airbnb.com.au/groups/3483#

We can post a simple hello on this thread, so we can start a list of hosts from Adelaide. Specific questions and topics can be discussed by starting a new "conversation"/post and threads. Remember to include #Adelaide if it's a topic specific to our area.

55 Replies 55
Paul-J0
Level 2
Ridleyton, Australia

Hello all

My name is Jong and I have been running Airbnb from early this year and it has been good so far. 

It will be good if more hosts from Adelaide are sharing ideas and stories.

Best regards

Hi Jong and Nina.  welcome to the group.  I would be nice if this were used more but everyone is now using Facebook for the city and smaller groups. 

Jacqui14
Level 1
Adelaide, Australia

Keen to be part of the Adelaide group but I don't use Facebook. what are the alternatives?

When is the next meeting in Adelaide as I have some great ideas to discuss.

Regards

Jacqui

Alison-And-John0
Level 2
Urrbrae, Australia

We are new to hosting and have a question about liability, building and contents insurance. Has anyone found an insurer that offers insurance for all three? The only one we can find is ShareCover (NRMA) which is  about three times the cost of our current insurance policy - which is void because we are hosting! Our accommodation is under the main roof but is in a seperate area of the house.

Thanks

Alison

We found another one cheaper than Sharecover through BJS Brokers 

http://www.holidayrentalsinsurance.com.au/holiday-home-short-term-rental/

Go to their website to compare the product. It covers your normal residence,  public liability and the Airbnb and isonly a little dearer than our  holding insurance

lynn and Malcolm

"Building insurance" I meant!

Hello fellow Adelaide hosts!

it would be great to catch up in person somehow to have general hosting discussions- is anyone else keen on this? 

I'll also see if I can find the FB group 

I think it's a great idea!

Carole

hosting from Adelaide ~ 

with two properties 

Lisa36
Level 5
Australia

Hi everyone.  If you haven't joined the FB group or don't want to send me a message and I'll let you know when the  next face to face meeting is so you can attend.  Also just a warning to up your prices if you are close to the city on Dec 2nd 2017 as its the Ashes and its as popular if not more than Festival time.  Lisa

Carole103
Level 2
Glen Osmond, Australia

Love to know when and where the next face-to-face meeting is

Carole

C-and-H-S0
Level 1
South Australia, Australia

Hi Lisa, I'd love to join the Adelaide host facebook group. Please kindly advise how I can do so. Thanks in advance! 🙂

Carole103
Level 2
Glen Osmond, Australia

Hi Lisa

I am a host with a property on Kangaroo Island, but live in Adelaide. I would like to join the Adelaide AirBNB HostsFacebook group. I'm not sure how to do that.  If it is a closed group, would it come up in Search results? 

many thanks for your help

Carole

Hi Lisa, do we have any gatherings coming up soon? I would love to attend!

i have an Airbnb and it is doing quite well. It will be great if I can meet you guys and have some ‘sharing and caring’ from personal point of view. 

Cheers 

Tanya 

Alison126
Level 1
South Australia, Australia

HI , I'm Alison and have just become a host so am interested in any group meetings ,forums Etc so add me to your conversation please.Are there any intentions for a group meet in 2017?