#Adelaide - South Australia Hosts

#Adelaide - South Australia Hosts

Hello and welcome to hosts from #Adelaide

This post is a welcome to all hosts from Adelaide, South Australia, as a way for us to keep in contact on the new forums

It seems we dont have an Adelaide city group yet in these forums, and I have no idea how or even if we can make one. So for the time being, there's this.

Ive borrowed the idea from the #Mendocino group (thank you!). 

For now let's use the hashtag #Adelaide in our posts regarding local issues and see how it goes. We can use the search feature to find each other's posts using the same hashtag and hope to stay in touch that way.

Also, please follow this link to our Adelaide Group in the original Airbnb Group Forums. It will be available to view until February 25, 2016. https://www.airbnb.com.au/groups/3483#

We can post a simple hello on this thread, so we can start a list of hosts from Adelaide. Specific questions and topics can be discussed by starting a new "conversation"/post and threads. Remember to include #Adelaide if it's a topic specific to our area.

55 Replies 55
Lesley-And-Jeff0
Level 1
Glenelg North, Australia

Hi Everybody,

we are new hosts and I have a few questions if anyone can help me out.  We have our first listing and another one a few weeks after however have not had many Enquiries. I checked the stats and it says we have had 59  views and 29 Enquiries and no bookings.  Are these stats accurate? If so where would the other Enquiries be  ( plus we did have 2 bookings)  Thanks in advance Lesley

I would email Airbnb and ask them -  using the support centre.

we have 2 Airbnb's and have been hosting about a year.

lynn and Malcolm 

Hi Lesley and Jeff,

My name is Jessica, I own a professional Airbnb management/cohosting company in Adelaide. If you are still having trouble with bookings or require some assistance with management of your property please feel free to contact me. I offer a fully managed service and can handle all of your bookings and enquiries. My general response time to guests is under 5 minutes to make sure you never miss out on a potential booking. We have the skills and experience to make the most of your investment and help you to get some great returns. 

If you would like to discuss further please feel free to email me on dtjrholdings@gmail.com or call me on 0424573600.

Kind Regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica,

My name is April and I am working as a personal assistant for a busy CEO who is from Adelaide, Australia. I thought that you might be able to help us. He wants his space rented from Aug 28 to Sept 17. As he does not have the luxury of time to register in the Airbnb website, we would like to know if you can manage his Airbnb listing for him and let us know how much will he be paying for your services. I sent you an email and we hope you can response real soon.

Hi all,

I posted a while ago re an Adelaide host face to face catch-up and then couldn't find my way back to this group! I also tried to find the FB group with no luck. I thought I was pretty IT savvy too! Which group (here or FB) do people use most? Or prefer?

Im still keen to catch up - did anyone attend the LA Open?

cheers

catherine

I have just bought an investment property in Adelaide CBD, and interested in hosting as Air BNB, would love to know where I can get some real information on occupancy rates etc, and discuss with other Adelaideans.  Can't seem to find a FB page - is it still in existence??  thanks for your help.

Hi Tracy,  I hope you are well.  My Laundry currently does looks after a number of AirBNB hosts.  Please let me know if I can be of assistance.  [link hidden]

Andrew

Hi Tracy,

I own a professional Airbnb management/cohosting company. I have access to up to date market data and can provide lots of information about what you should be expecting to earn from your property as well as occupancy rates for the general Adelaide CBD area. I can also give you an accurate statistic regarding your properties current projections for the year. 

We have had fantastic results with properties in the same area. Some of ours are tracking towards $60,000 per year with occupancy rates above 85-90%. If you would like to discuss the services we offer please feel free to email me on dtjrholdings@gmail.com or give me a call 0424573600.

Kind Regards,

Jessica

My Easy Lease

Paulo162
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Hi all

Paulo here.

Hosting in Adelaide

Newbie to AirBnB we just started listing this week.

How can I find the Facebook page to join in?

Cheers

Kerry99
Level 2
Hahndorf, Australia

#adelaide Airbnb 

hi we have one in Hayborough and would love to get some advice re cleaning and linen etc. 

are there get Together’s for owners/hosts? Anyone have someone down the coast that manages theirs or wants to manage one?

Kym27
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Hi Kerry, 

I can see that you wrote your message back in February this year, however thought I might touch base with you, regarding your request for a Co host for your property in Hayborough.

I hope you have enjoyed the Airbnb experience so far, I currently run a successful Bnb property of my own and would be happy to help you manage your property if you are still in need.

please message me or email me if I can be of any help.

warm Regards

kym

*sensitive information hidden*

Paulo162
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Hi all

We've been hosting for about 6 months now in Adelaide SA and unfortunatelly we had a bad experience.

I got a call at 5am from the guest saying she forgot the apartment keys locked inside and could not enter the apartment.

I politely said I would be there in about half an hour.

When I get there I discovered that they were having a party and she was locked out while her partner had passed out drunk.

By the amount of empty bottles I could spot on the table I'm guessing there were few more people in there.

They are leaving today, so my question are:

1) Is it worth to report them to Airbnb?

2) Do I state in my review to them their bad behavior?

3) How can I stop this to happen?

I'll probably get a complaim from my neighbour and this add to fact that nobody wants to allow Airbnb in their buildings.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Paulo

Hi Paulo,

I am a professional Airbnb Cohost in Adelaide. I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience. It certainly isn't always like this and can be avoided. 

In regards to your questions, I would recommend that you phone Airbnb directly and ask for their support in resolving. If there has been damage to your property or you need additional cleaning make sure you take lots of photos as Airbnb will ask you to submit these as proof for reimbursement. You can claim for additional cleaning costs and damages. Airbnb is fantastic with following through and supporting hosts. They are there to make sure you are covered. Don't forget that they have a $1 million Host Guarantee that covers you in events like this. Make the most of it! 

When you contact Airbnb ask them to stop the guest from being able to leave you a review. They can assist you with this and you certainly don't want to have your hosting status affected due to a retalliation from the guest. 

In order to stop this happening in future I would suggest that you change your booking settings so that guests can only instantly book if they have a verified ID, email address, phone number, profile picture and at least 1 review from another host. Remember, you can always check the guests profile and if you feel as though they may cause a problem you do not have to go through with the booking. Calling Airbnb is your greatest asset if you are concerned about being penalised.

If you would like some support with the management of your Airbnb in future please feel free to contact me so that we can discuss our services. Part of what we offer is a 24 hour concierge and we handle any guest issues so you would not have to deal with this yourself. 

Best of luck,

Jessica

My Easy Lease

*sensitive information hidden*

Hi Paolo, That is a shame.

I would give them a fair review & state exactly what you think happened without being personal. If your place is left in a mess, I’d say so in your review as respectfully as possible. If they were good communicators I’d state that as well, to be balanced. I have left 2 unfavourable guest reviews over the 6 years I’ve been hosting - maybe you can find them as examples? I’d also write them a note in the private review box explaining that the Airbnb standard is that both guests and hosts are respectful and responsible. I’d also say that you felt obligated to other hosts to write an honest review and that you hope they learn from the experience. Plus, I’d say that you are ordinary people, not a hotel, and that it is a host-guest relationship that relies on honesty & respect. 

Do you use the bond/deposit option & do you have a no parties rule? I’d do that too so everything is clear. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Best of luck 🙂

catherine

Hi again, for some reason I’m logged on with Facebook instead of Airbnb. I’m also a superhost 🙂

catherine