Airbnb Routed Payment To Old Payout Instrument

Airbnb Routed Payment To Old Payout Instrument

Hi,

I recently added a new payout preference (set up my new bank account and shut my wife's bank account for taxation purpose) and set it to default. I was under the impression that all future payouts would be routed to this newly setup account. Turns out, it was routed to the older bank account which is closed. 

What happens now? Will airbnb route the money to my new account or have I lost the money?

Sandesh

2 Replies 2
Christina6
Level 3
Sunnyvale, CA

I'm not sure about the exact answer, but I do know that at the moment that you get a booking whatever rule is set up, that is what will happen. There is no way to change it.

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Not sure what you exactly mean by "added a new payout preference". There is changing (or adding) a payout method and there is changing (or adding) a payout routing rule. Steps you should have taken (if not already):

1. Add a payout method with the new account details.

2. Set the new method to default.

3. Remove the old account.

4. Alternatively, instead of removing the old account, you can set up a new payout routing rule and set the new account to 100%.

As for the payouts that will be affected by your changes, this is what it actually says when adding a new routing rule: "Note: updates to routing rules will only affect bookings made after today."