Airbnb app for iPhone doesn't work over cellular

Steve941
Level 2
Lee's Summit, MO

Airbnb app for iPhone doesn't work over cellular

Even when I have a strong cell connection when WiFi isn't available, my Outlook and Apple email work seamlessly. No so when I'm trying to reply to an email inquiry using the iPhone app. I have an iPhone XS. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Steve

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Steve941 

Welcome to CC.

Use related keywords here in the Searchbox & you will find you are not an isolated case.

There's been ongoing IT glitches with access to the ABB website now for far too long, esp with mobile devices.

Make sure you provide Feedback to Customer Services as it's important to report these issues & more important for ABB to FIX them for us ALL>

All the best

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Steve941 

Just a shot in the dark here Steve. I notice you have 1 guest review and I don't know how much experience you have using the Airbnb app!

When you get an Airbnb sms message alert, that is all it will be.....and alert!  It will come from a generic Airbnb number from which you can't respond to. To be able to respond you need to log on through the ABB phone app and go to your message stream associated with your profile and it is from there that you respond.

Another thing you will notice Steve, when that sms message comes in it will be broken if it's more than a six or seven words.....it will be an incomplete message.

Which ever way it goes you cannot respond directly to an Airbnb SMS alert.

Cheers......Rob

Here is some proof of the error  of what I am getting and what this gentleman is getting  

D7BF4FAD-7F7C-4CA6-8DC7-38FA2EAA6F23.jpeg

Kellee4
Level 1
Pitts, PA

I have the same issue and I know a ton of people that do as well. I wish Airbnb would fix this