Airbnb help sucks

Sasha1
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Airbnb help sucks

Why does Airbnb hide their customer service representatives and make it so hard for hosts to get the help they need?

I was promised a voucher when I signed up to Business Airbnb and nothing has come through yet. I doubt that this is something someone from the community can help me with...

36 Replies 36
Nik11
Level 2
Portland, OR

Effectively airbnb has no customer service.  Their service is advertising your place. 

The three issues I've had were never resolved. The policy is to stonewall until you give up.

In away, it makes sense. Would coke complain to the ad company if their sugar shipments didn't so up? No, the ad agency isn't responsible.

Airbnb isn't responsible and they make that clear in not providing service outside of connecting people.

im going through this right now, they provide no way of actually contacting the "case manager" assigned to your case. so if that "case manager" decides to not respond etc, you're basically out of luck. calling the toll free customer service line is pretty much useless since they don't have the power to do anything. 

airbnb does not take responsibility for an error on their end which they've admitted to, and basically it seems they are waiting for me to go away so they can avoid taking any action on their part to actually provide a fair solution.

as a company providing a service, they need to make sure they provide some at least.

i honestly had no idea such a simple issue as being able to contact my "case manager" or anyone else on that team would be so difficult for them to manage. but they are good a simple black-holing any requests you decide to make. 

What AirBNB has should not be allowed to be called Customer Service.   98 minutes with the Chat Help (Bruno 2nd level support?)  to be told they cannot help with a Tool issue.  Waiting on hold for 1 hour and 18 mins only to be hung up on before talking to anyone.  Then Chester (who does not use English as a 1st Language) tells me he will get a Manager after I was on hold again for 20 minutes to talk to someone and he puts me on hold for 20 more minutes and here I sit .........  RIDICULOUS ....... 

C-J-0
Level 1
Greenport, NY

I truly can't get over how bad AirBNB's customer support is....and this is coming from an AirBNB SuperHost who is supposed to have a "special" hotline that only SuperHosts can use.   I'm literally on the phone waiting for 27 minutes listening to the same stupid hold song over and over again.   For a company that promotes "worldly togetherness" AirBNB has some nerve to treat the hosts who are making them $$$ like this.

I own a B&B; 5-Star.  My spaces are all on the Worldwide Booking Engine. TripAdvisor, BNB.com, Expedia, Hilton, etc...

ALL of my problem guests come from AirBnB.  AirBnB does not participate in the Worldwide Booking Engine.

For hosts, AirBnB is a problem creator, not a problem solver.

Don't host with AirBnB they will creat problems for you.  They have for me.

Bailey6
Level 1
Paris, TN

AIRBnB is the worst example of corporate dishonesty and obfuscation... reject the corporate state  AirBnB presents as "community"  

reject the corporate state  AirBnB presents as "community" 

Good company. There are overlays, but also help from them, too, is, comparing with other service and.