Airbnb help sucks

Sasha1
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Airbnb help sucks

Why does Airbnb hide their customer service representatives and make it so hard for hosts to get the help they need?

I was promised a voucher when I signed up to Business Airbnb and nothing has come through yet. I doubt that this is something someone from the community can help me with...

36 Replies 36

You have to be the only person I've ever heard from that has had nice things to say about Airbnb. Their customer service is among the worst I've ever come across in my entire life. There is literally zero accountability, and sometimes I feel like I'm working with a group of state or government employees because of how ineffective and incapable they appear to be at either communicating or resolving even the simplest 

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Sasha1,

Have you stayed anywhere yet using your Airbnb Business Travel account.  The reason I ask is they give you the credit after your first stay.  See the image below.

business.png

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks Dave, that's not how the banner appeared when I signed up for it, but ok.

Hi @Sasha1,

That as actually at the bottom of the page.  This is the banner.

business2.png

And then there is this one:

Business3.png

I can somewhat see how this could be confusing.

With all that said, hopefully this will firmly answer your question:

"Airbnb for Business: $50 promotion

When you complete your first business stay at an Airbnb listing, we’ll give you a $50 coupon to use towards your next Airbnb trip.

How do I get the coupon code?

You’ll receive an email with your personalized $50 coupon code after you've checked in to your qualifying reservation.

Promotion details:
  • The coupon code will be sent to the email address you use to log in to your Airbnb account
  • The $50 coupon is valid for one year
  • The coupon can only be used towards one reservation
  • There are no restrictions on destination or travel dates
  • Once applied, the coupon can't be refunded, even if the reservation is canceled"

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Sasha is just being honest.  Keep up the honesty Sasha.  I agree.  Momi yes you are right, but so is Sasha.  Let`s be honest about the good and the bad, and try to improve the bad with our opinions.  

No company is perfect.  All can improve.

Bojana1
Level 1
Washington, DC

I was promised a voucher when I signed up to Business Airbnb and nothing has come through yet.  Who can i contact to receive the $50 ?  How can i get in touvh with airbnb?

David455
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Because they don't actually want to provide the service that they have promised.  I started listing my property on Airbnb, and when they had a billing error, I discovered that there was no phone number AND NO EMAIL address on the owners side of the website.  All I could get was "Frequently asked Questions" page on their so called 'Help Center'.  I bill $120,000 a year, and Airbnb takes 10% (7% from travelers, 3% from me).  At $1000 a month, I have no one to contact to correct a financial error on their part. 

Who runs a company like this?  This is unheard of! 

I was one of the ''lucky'' few who would get a free gas detector devite, I got to order one via airbnb, i was told it will arrive in my country reasonable not so fast since it will be sent from usa to europe, but after 8 months I got nothing in the mail:/

Same here @Family-Andreou-Leonida0 even though I told everyone here on the CC.

Never showed!

David

Charles101
Level 1
New York, NY

Horrible customer service.  If you have any issue with the property or host, you are forced to address it with them directly.  Amateur night.. maybe time for the VC's to kick out the founders from the C suite and bring in some real talent.  There will be more liability issues now that this has morphed into a semi professional thing for many hosts... and the accompanying problems that come with that.  Poor accountability.  

Let's call it what it is... this is no longer a "community".  It's a real estate play masquerading as such.

Bailey6
Level 1
Paris, TN

I cannot find any real HELP with AirBnB.

It's almost like they are hiding from both Hosts and Guests

Generally in software this means a company losing control of their code. 

Their HELP is circular... it just cycles around with no real way of finding anything useful.

I am in Paris, TN... AirBnB is consistently sending me requests for Paris, FR.

I cannot find a way to contact AirBnB by voice.  It;s almost like they are hiding in the closet.!

FAIL FFFFF

Uncle-Gene0
Level 2
Seoul, South Korea

important Community Center Guide, which Jeet suggested also not helping for me.

What I'm looking for, which is relatively not hard to find in other travel agency site, is way to send inquiry directly to someone who can answer my question.

I would not even complain when I get answer after 7 days later or so.
Why I am disappointed is that it seems Airbnb is hiding menu to send some inquiry to them so that it takes so long to simply ASK.

Perhaps is unique problem for Korean version of AirBnb website, I am not sure.

James346
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

AirBnB help sucks? That is putting it kindly. There is NO help or customer service. My account was hacked, I had NO REPLY from **bleep** ass AirBnB, and was forced to turn to my credit card company(Yea! Cap One) who INSTANTLY responded AND solved my problem,( removing a fraudulent charge for a shared bedroom in Montclair NJ for $2000). This was AFTER I had succesfully booked 2 different rooms for 2 different trips with no problem and 100% positive feedback from the hosts, (Boston and London).

NOW I can't book anything or even get a resonse from inquiries , as if I AM the fraud. 

AIrBnB..... you will either fix these TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE problems, or you WILL be out of business in 5 years.

You CHEAP ASS **bleep** **bleep**!! Hire some customer service reps. and provide 24/7 customer service , OR DIE!!

You are NOT Google or Amazon. Not by a long shot.

I await your robo reply, which I expect to receive in about 2 weeks. Which by then will be pointless, as I will have either booked elsewhere, or cancelled my plans.

Did I mention, YOU SUCK!!!!

Jim M.

James346
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

That's because :

1. They SUCK

2. They SUCK

3. They SUCK

and , did I mention.... THEY SUCK!!!! And they can take their " I understand your frustration", and SHOVE IT UP THEIR ASS!!!

They have made a totally ANTI-LABOR, ANTI-HUMAN, deliberate decision to provide ZERO customer service.

Their idea is great, but the execution HORRIBLE! Can't wait for them to go out of business, while someone else provides the same ,

BUT with REAL, "We actually give a **bleep**" customer service with living, breathing customer service reps. 24/7/

Jim

Dee57
Level 1
Manchester, VT

I must agree that the support for hosts is very lacking! I have switched all my listings to VRBO as they provide easy access and assistance to hosts-their bread and butter to successful listings. Fined me for concealing a reservation with four weeks notice due to medical procedure!