Allowed to (mass) message prospects/ previous guests?

Lucy46
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Allowed to (mass) message prospects/ previous guests?

We want to message all guests that showed interest in the past, but we did not get a deal done. I have started doing this one-by-one by copy-pasting the body of a text "hey, you wanted to stay with us last year, didn't work out, but we are available this summer and will make you a good deal".

My question: does Airbnb allow this? I kind of assume that yes, because we are trying to get the bookings through Airbnb. I am just worried that they see we send the same messages (besides the name) to lots of people and consider it spam and block us?!

We also plan to contact all guests that have stayed with us before to give them a special "loyal guest deal" - kind of thing. Our property is: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12849655

Thanks All 🙂

Nils

3 Replies 3
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lucy46 Hi,

No, unfortunately, you can't. The only way to do this is to copy/paste into the message boards of each booking in the past...

Or if you made and saved hard copies of the bookings you can send it to them off-site via phone text, but that's convoluted too.

cheers, Andrea

Hosts helping hosts

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your reply. My question was not whether it is possible to do this, but rather if there is anything in Airbnbs policies not allowing us to "mass" message (even though it is technically one-by-one) guests/ prospects.

Thanks,
Nils