Bad reviews because of location.

Isabelle283
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Bad reviews because of location.

So I have an apartment that is located 25minutes outside of Stockholm, Sweden by metro. 
The 3:rd sentence in my text says "25min to Stockholm City Center with Metro where you can find anything you're looking for, from shopping, sightseeing to good food places.". There is nothing to missunderstand about how far the distance is to the city center and still I get bad reviews for it and get less traction for it. 

Airbnb is telling me that I will not be shown as much as before because of the stars not being up to their standard, but I can't just move my apartment and I can't be more clear to the guest staying in my house that it is 25 minutes from the city center. 

What should I do? 

7 Replies 7
Ruggero3
Level 10
Palermo, Italy

25 minutes are a eternity for a traveller. Put it at first point 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The dilemma lies in the fact the listing says 'Stockholm' yet it is really 25 minutes away in (?).  Perhaps your first line (not 5th) should say.. 'Only 25 minutes away by metro from Stockholm ..."

Claudiu-Nicolae0
Level 10
Barcelona, Spain

@Isabelle283There will always be guests who will give you a low score if your property is not in the very center. Just let it go. Even if you will follow Fred's advice and mention that you are only a 25 minute distance from the center in the first line or even in the title of your listing, there will still be guests who do not read and who will still give you a low score for the location. In my opinion, the location should not be evaluated, since guests can see it on the map, check the transport links themselves and decide if it is ok for them or not. But, unfortunately, there's nothing that we can do about it as hosts. Also take in account, that starts for location, accuracy, etc. do not affect your overall rating. For example, if a guest gives you 5 stars in each category, and then gives you four stars for overall, and these four stars for overall it's the only thing that is counted.

Thank you Claudiu. I agree with that they shouldn't have location as something you score as it's nothing you can change and the people see it in the list, but some I guess doesn't read as you say. 

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I have the same. I clearly mark - room in Peckham.

It is not next door to the Big Ben.

It is a busy neighbrohood. It is not in the city centre. The list has a map.

There is a picture of the building in my list.

I am really not sure what else I can do!

@Roberta2 there is not much else to do except try to manage guest expectations.

Location is a terrible thing to have as a rating. The only way to try to get good ratings on Location is to do everything possible in the description to make it clear where your listing is and what the guest can expect to find in the neighborhood.

And how far away the tourist sights are.

Even then, there is no guarantee of a good Location rating.

At the very least, they should rename the rating "Location Description Accuracy"

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Isabelle283, you say ''close to centre'' in the opener, and guests have to read quite far down before they discover that you are in Hagsätra, not Stockholm. I agree with previous writers, put it top priority. Guests don't read the listings very well (if at all) and you do not want to disappoint as they will review accordingly. 25 mins is not far by Stockholm standards but the guests don't know that, they read the word ''close'' and book.