Blocked: Expired Reservation

Libby18
Level 1
Antigua and Barbuda

Blocked: Expired Reservation

We have a "Blocked: Expired Reservation" on our books in April, 2017....  We wrote the guest many times, but we might have forgotten to hit the Accept or Decline button.  As well, we might have left a question hang for two weeks between the many answers before they cancelled.  So AirBNB has permanently blocked the dates on our calendar.  Is this fair?

3 Replies 3
Michael477
Level 10
Cholula, Mexico

hi @Libby18:

I think it is not about fair or unfair.

if you might have forgotten to answer, you might have broken AirBnB rules and that might not seem fair but correct.

Maybe 12 listings is too much for you to handle and you should find a co-host.

Regards + Happy New Year

Michael

Saludos
Michael
Jen83
Level 1
Somerville, MA

This is the worst feature on Airbnb.

I book long stays in my home, like 3+ months.  I have kids.  I take a long time to decide if a guest will be a good fit.  I cannot always confirm a request with the allotted time.  

Blocking my calendar because I didn't respond quickly enough is bull, and will lead me to find another service.

I can't even find an email address for airbnb so that I can complain.

Hi Libby,

I just got off the phone with airbnb customer service.  The dates are not permanently blocked.  I was able to unblock mine.

It appears that wehn you select the entire span that was blocked (which is the default behavior when you click on any of the blocked days), the site will not allow you to unblock the dates.  However, if you select just one date by double clicking, you can then drag your selection, and unblock the dates a week or so at a time.

Thanks Leo from customer service!

Jen